A4 B9 judder/vibrations

Cb172

Reaction score
Wonder if anyone has experienced similar?

I bought a 2016 a4 1.4tfsi about a month ago. After a few days I noticed a judder/vibration. It seems to be there all the time but some days worse than others. The gears feel very blotchy and for The last couple of days there is a chunking sound when changing gear which is worst when going from 1st to 2nd. The car had bee back to audi who said they couldn't find a fault but that The clutch would need replacing somewhere between 10,000 and 100,000 miles. Not massively helpful. The car has only done 17000 miles so can't see how the clutch can be on its way out. I've heard there are issues with the DMF in Audi's. Could this be the cause of these issues? I've also had a couple of instances where the car has struggled up inclines. I couldn't get up a ramp in a multistorey car park in first gear! Also a couple of instances where the car hesitates when accelerating in first. Any ideas?

I guess you took it back to the dealer that sold you the car?

Dual mass flywheels do fail, sometimes with clunky noises and lack of drive. Book it in with another Audi dealer for a second opinion - do NOT give them the history so that they make a clean diagnosis with no pre-conceived ideas.

Yes been back to the dealer (not audi) and they referred it to the local audi centre for diagnosis. The dealer has said they will have a look themselves and then we'll take it from there. I've also noticed that the start/stop function is completely random and more often than not it doesn't work. Don't know if this could be related or is normal for audi's?

Personally I wouldn't read too much in to what the start stop is doing at this time of year. There can be so many permutations that can affect it...

Modern cars are so packed with technology at every level that fault diagnosis is almost always a franchised dealer job.

How is it now? Any update? My manual a4 is doing the same. 1.4