Would you report someone if you catch them on dashcam breaking the law?

MOA4B9

Reaction score
Tonight I was leaving Luton Airport parking and after I put a my parking ticket in and the barrier lifted I noticed another car came very close behind me and crossed also before the barrier closed. I've got it on camera and the number plate and the faces of the people in the car are visible. My wife said not to send the video to people in charge of the parking as it's not my problem. However it's one of the reasons why you get a dashcam in the first place and after so many month of owning it, it was the first thing worth recording.
Do you think I should report them for not paying?

Tonight I was leaving Luton Airport parking and after I put a my parking ticket in and the barrier lifted I noticed another car came very close behind me and crossed also before the barrier closed. I've got it on camera and the number plate and the faces of the people in the car are visible. My wife said not to send the video to people in charge of the parking as it's not my problem. However it's one of the reasons why you get a dashcam in the first place and after so many month of owning it, it was the first thing worth recording.

Over something like that? Nope, unless someone chases you up theres no point

Reactions: oli356 and Spaceman_RS3
Recently I read that police prosecuted someone for throwing a wrapper out of the window which was caught on dashcam.

For something like that no, seems a bit petty and I’m sure you’ve got better things to be doing.

If you caught someone putting others lives at risk due to careless or dangerous driving then that’s a different matter.

Reactions: oli356, pierreluigi88, Ghost and 1 other person
You guys disappoint me :) or maybe send in it to some TV show and earn £250 ;)

It would be more funny if the barrier came down onto the persons roof.

Reactions: Ghost, V6Tom, tickedon and 1 other person
If you park there regularly they could get revenge. I’d rather leave it if it were me. Pretty sad on their part. What type of car was it?

I wouldn't bother, not as if you have anything to gain from it. I thought dashcams were for the recording of evidence of car accidents?

Reactions: Sandra
No. Leave the rozzers to it imho.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally
I wouldn’t worry about it, the car park probably has surveillance cameras anyway.

Reactions: tickedon
No way, what would you gain with such petty clyping? Let the car park manage their own affairs . Good on him i say.

The police don't seem to have enough resources to catch murderers, rapists and thieves, don't burden them with this minutia .

Reactions: blackb9er and Riko0073
The car park has CCTV so they wont get away with it.

I would advise against getting into any situations with anyone from that area, there are a lot of undesirable characters there these days.

Reactions: V6Tom and Riko0073
I know why you're considering reporting it but I tend to agree with others that it's probably better just to leave it alone as it could lead to a lot of hassle for you.

Martin.

No. Leave the rozzers to it imho.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Why would the police be interested in a civil matter?

Reactions: WesT-gefül
Car probably had cloned plates or not the registered owner driving it. If a car drives in and parks it's number plate will be recorded, and if it leaves the car park without paying then the car park operators will try and recover the money from the owner.

100%

This dangerous criminal scum needs to be hunted down with the full force of the law.

I strongly suggest you take this video footage in person right away to the Police headquarters in Scotland yard and demand a that a senior office gives it his/her full attention.

Without vigilant dashcam owning citizens willing to do whats right for the safety of our children our society is surely destined to crumble.

Reactions: sunshinewelly
However it's one of the reasons why you get a dashcam in the first place ?

No personal offense intended but one would need to be a right petty little **** to shell out money for a dashcam so they can grass people up for the tiniest of infractions...

The main reason people buy dashcams is to protect themselves not to act as unpaid policemen. Especially for someone ducking under a barrier. For all you know the guy may have been caught short with no wallet etc. and I'm pretty sure the cops have better things to do than investigate such a heinous crime.

Reactions: Tj 0785
save the dashcam clips for real insane stuff that makes you go wtf. like someone nearly causing a accident by being a really big idiot.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ghost
was expecting to read about some dreadful road rage incident so feel rather deflated.

nope dont bother reporting it.

if i had a dashcam and i saw someone risking another life etc then i certainly would shop them

100%

This dangerous criminal scum needs to be hunted down with the full force of the law.

I strongly suggest you take this video footage in person right away to the Police headquarters in Scotland yard and demand a that a senior office gives it his/her full attention.

Without vigilant dashcam owning citizens willing to do whats right for the safety of our children our society is surely destined to crumble.

Absolutely this.

Was in an council pay and display car park today.

People in the car opposite me came back to their car, took their ticket, and offered it to someone who had just driven into the car park.

COULD NOT BELIEVE IT! The person just driving in should buy their own ticket, not be given the non-expired time off someone elses!!

Whatever next? Personally I think this is a slippery slope and is how serious criminality starts... first you're giving away non expired parking time and getting away with it, the next you're 71mph on a deserted motorway, or not paying for a carrier bag at a self-service checkout.

Anyway. I have the whole episode on dash cam. Main reason I bought one was as a hobby so I could send any bit of footage with the slightest infraction to the Police. I shall also be emailing it to my local MP.

My own record is of course completely clean so I don't worry that some bellend behind me will ever record me doing anything I shouldn't and submit footage to the authorities.

Should be 3 strikes and you're out for these kind of criminals. Society is on the verge of breakdown.

Thanks
Road Captain.

I was behind an Audi A4 recently, attempting to exit a car park at Luton Airport. Ive been volunteering for Medicines Sans Frontiers, providing refugee support. I have saved countless children by freely giving my help.
Anyway, my hand luggage has been lost by airport staff, including my wallet. So I had to sneak through the barrier behind an Audi A4, to avoid missing my 16 hour shift at the children's hospital.
I have now been charged and will have to give up my voluntary work at the orphanage because if some do-gooder on here :tonguewink:

Reactions: Ghost and jdp1962
Honestly. The police just aren’t interested unless they’re running some sort of anti social, dangerous driving, uninsured driver campaign.

I had and absolutely nut job block 2 live 70mph lanes on the A1 at peak time to get out his car in the middle of the carriageway to have a fight with me. Even though the crackheed was the one in the wrong.

Called the police, they requested footage, I provided them with it. They said they’d give him a talking to, never heard a thing back.

Last edited by a moderator:
No you get a dash cam to cover yourself In case of a crash, not to drop someone init for something that’s got no impact on you like squeezing under barrier or overtaking you because you don’t like it. If you want to police the streets becomes copper and the police would have zero interest in something like that

Honestly. The police just aren’t interested unless they’re running some sort of anti social, dangerous driving, uninsured driver campaign.

I had and absolutely nut job block 2 live 70mph lanes on the A1 at peak time to get out his car in the middle of the carriageway to have a fight with me. Even though the crackheed was the one in the wrong.

Called the police, they requested footage, I provided them with it. They said they’d give him a talking to, never heard a thing back.
This is not that, and as someone else has already pointed out, a parking infringement is a civil matter, and not for the Police.

Reactions: Tj 0785
what you should do when someone does that is as soon as the barrier goes up floor it as the other person will not expect that and the barrier will come down lol

Reactions: WesT-gefül and V6Tom
This was happening alot at birmingham airport early this summer. Sadly the cars that were leaving without paying were actually being stolen!

This was happening alot at birmingham airport early this summer. Sadly the cars that were leaving without paying were actually being stolen!

Birmingham works on ANPR doesn't it? I never have to use a ticket there...

Birmingham works on ANPR doesn't it? I never have to use a ticket there...

Im not sure wether it was there own parking or a privately owned car park near there. But a whole bunch of Fiesta STs were stolen from a long stay around there.

Theres also currently a bit of an epidemic of Black Edition Audi's disappearing around the Birmingham area too :(

If you see someone about to leave a car park without paying , pretend to stall the car just out of reach of the barrier and the barrier should/ will fall onto the other car and serve them right ..

Reactions: WesT-gefül