Map update

Apparently if you cant download maps manually Audi will do it for free as long as you have free map updates remaining.

Apparently if you cant download maps manually Audi will do it for free as long as you have free map updates remaining.

Is there a way to check how many map downloads you have remaining?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are some roads around here (like the Queensferry Crossing across the River Forth) that ain’t shown on mine.
Other than google map it doesnt appear in any satnav that I’ve used. I wouldn’t put your hopes up it will appear in the update.

Edit:I thought you could use the Audi connect in the car to do map updates rather than download it on pc yourself in the facelift so no reason to muck about in the broken myAudi website if you can.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Ok I have finally managed to download the update can anyone show me what I need to copy to the sd card it’s my first time doing this.

Just updated the maps through the MMI while sitting in traffic. Some new roads on there now.
@Audi Bairn the new forth crossing is on it.

Just updated the maps through the MMI while sitting in traffic. Some new roads on there now.

Ah, good shout mate :thumbs up:

I'll see if I can do it on the way home, cheers. Just through Audi Connect yeah?

Doesn't it only download your 'region' and not the full UK update if you do it in car?

How did you do this.
Ah, good shout mate :thumbs up:

I'll see if I can do it on the way home, cheers. Just through Audi Connect yeah?

On the facelift at lease there’s an in built SIM card that lets you access the services like weather but it also lets you download the current maps. The system only let me download the UK set which has 4 files that totals around 1gb.
Just go to settings and find system update then select online and choose the parts you want.
Think you have to be careful if you have a phone with rsap as that will use your own data not the Audi sim.

On the facelift at lease there’s an in built SIM card that lets you access the services like weather but it also lets you download the current maps. The system only let me download the UK set which has 4 files that totals around 1gb.
Just go to settings and find system update then select online and choose the parts you want.
Think you have to be careful if you have a phone with rsap as that will use your own data not the Audi sim.
Ok thanks mine has got a sim in it and I put it there with data loaded.

How long did it take mate?

Thanks again buddy :thumbs up:

I tried on the way home, before I’d read your later comments. Was taking forever, but got to around 30% and said download failed. Wondering if it was merely a loss of signal.

Thanks again buddy :thumbs up:

I tried on the way home, before I’d read your later comments. Was taking forever, but got to around 30% and said download failed. Wondering if it was merely a loss of signal.
Must be reception. I got it between Fife and Edinburgh

Must be reception. I got it between Fife and Edinburgh
Think I’m too near the hills. I’m out and about in the Lothians tomorrow might try again. Hoping each failed attempt doesn’t count as one of the free ones.

Think I’m too near the hills. I’m out and about in the Lothians tomorrow might try again. Hoping each failed attempt doesn’t count as one of the free ones.

If it’s like the a6 which I assume it should be then it’s you get 6 updates in first 3 years. You can download each update as many times as you want.

If it’s like the a6 which I assume it should be then it’s you get 6 updates in first 3 years. You can download each update as many times as you want.
Success at last! Fully updated today whilst out and about and you’re also correct that it keeps downloading after you switch the ignition off. Got to about 60% when I reached my destination and told me it’d keep downloading. All done when I returned to the car hurrah! :thumbs up:

Reactions: AlS3BE
Update on the free map updates, apparently you have to do it within 3 years so I couldn't get it done free, but others may be luckier if your car is newer.

Anyone know how much Audi charge for an update?

Wtf for 1 update!!!

That’s cheap. On my first a6 I asked for a price and the dealer and they wanted £250 for the sd card and £150 to activate it. Told them to keep it. Think now they do the whole thing for £250 ish on sdcard sat nav.

That’s cheap. On my first a6 I asked for a price and the dealer and they wanted £250 for the sd card and £150 to activate it. Told them to keep it. Think now they do the whole thing for £250 ish on sdcard sat nav.

I guess the sd card is locked to ur car

I do have the Tech pack so I have the HDD Nav maybe that was why it was cheaper?

I do have the Tech pack so I have the HDD Nav maybe that was why it was cheaper?

Should be free for the first 3 years and you can download the last one whenever you want even after 3 years.
So £150 to use their broadband seems steep.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Bishop187
Still too expensive when you consider doing it yourself is easy and hazzle free. Or just update your area through the mmi...

Still too expensive when you consider doing it yourself is easy and hazzle free. Or just update your area through the mmi...

I can't update through the MMI and I couldn't update it myself so I either have to pay or I am stuck with 2013 maps, which I'll probably just stick with

You are probably beyond the five updates then. I was able to update the maps with a similar spec and age of car when I last owned a A3. Have you checked with DJAlix to see if he can help?

Reactions: Kayobong
I can't update through the MMI and I couldn't update it myself so I either have to pay or I am stuck with 2013 maps, which I'll probably just stick with

Sounds like you are past the 3 years so might have to suck it up and buy the latest maps.

You are probably beyond the five updates then. I was able to update the maps with a similar spec and age of car when I last owned a A3. Have you checked with DJAlix to see if he can help?

I haven't thought about it too much until now, I know he's a busy man but I may give him a shout.

Is DJAlix the maps update master

He is the master of many things retro fitted and all things coding...

Reactions: Bishop187
How to update mmi maps if you have just sd card maps? Gor sd card with maps from 2013 can you just download maps and copy do sd card?

I haven't thought about it too much until now, I know he's a busy man but I may give him a shout.
Is DJAlix the maps update master

He is the master of many things retro fitted and all things coding...

@DJAlix

Reactions: Bishop187
If you are looking to update SD card based maps then you need to source a new and unactivated / used 201X data card and licence code, then take it to someone like myself for activation.

If you have Technology Pack and want to update then you can via the MMI menus it you have Audi Connect or via myAudi if you don't (connect also if you would rather complete via SD card as opposed to over the air). If you have reached your update limit then contact Audi customer services to extend your licence period.

Reactions: cuke2u, Kayobong and Jcbmally
Do u still have to update if u run google maps or is google maps always up to date (wishful thinking )