Audi A4 juddering

Karen Richards

Reaction score
We have an audi a4 32,000 miles 65 plate that judders when hot. We have taken it back to the dealership as it is under warranty several times and have finally been told we need a new clutch which is not covered by the warranty and is going to cost £3,500. We could get it fixed elsewhere at half the cost but they now want £1,300 to put it back together. We were not told that looking at the clutch would incur this kind of financial penalty and have e-mailed audi customer services to no avail but the dealer has shaved the cost down to £3,000. The warranty runs out soon and not sure what to do?

keep fighting it all the way if you have to pay for it because you need the car back if you can use a credit card have a look at small claims court to recoup your loss make sure you get everthing in writing ie email and what this person that person said wont mean a thing.
also worth a look depends how long you have had the car its not fit for purpose and angain if you have it on finance it might be worth talking to them to see if they can put pressure on Audi to fix are under the warranty.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Did they say what was actually wrong with the clutch ? I’m not sure I’d fork out that money via a credit card, tell them to put it back how you sent it in. By the sounds of it you requested a diagnosis of the fault and not for them to take it all apart. They need to put it back how it was. If they can’t put it back how it was get it towed to the cheaper garage cause they don’t seem trust worthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they say what was actually wrong with the clutch ? I’m not sure I’d fork out that money via a credit card, tell them to put it back how you sent it in. By the sounds of it you requested a diagnosis of the fault and not for them to take it all apart. They need to put it back how it was. If they can’t put it back how it was get it towed to the cheaper garage cause they don’t seem trust worthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They want £1,300 to put it back as it was. The car is in Taunton and we live in Torquay so its a nightmare to get it back in its current state ( car and box of bits ) Just dont know what to do