Rejecting my S3 after 2 yrs

Bristol area
Not planning a trip to London to see the Oxford Street Xmas lights and do some shopping are you? (and possibly get your iPhone nicked by a moped rider or stabbed by a teenager). I would be very interested in giving your MagRide the once over in the name of research and trying to help out.

Reactions: Goner, Flowrider99, Pook and 7 others
Not planning a trip to London to see the Oxford Street Xmas lights and do some shopping are you? (and possibly get your iPhone nicked by a moped rider or stabbed by a teenager). I would be very interested in giving your MagRide the once over in the name of research and trying to help out.
@S3DynamicMode that offer is the best way to get to the bottom of your magride issues if the dealers won't play ball!

Reactions: Jcbmally
Thank you kind sir, That is an offer I can’t refuse (having my iPhone nicked or being stabbed by a moped driver or both at the same time). I need to sort something out at work and I will get back to you. I seriously appreciate your offer to help. Have you experienced any problems with mag ride on s3’s before

By problems I mean the feeling of bottoming out and hitting the bump stops as if it’s not reacting quick enough

Thank you kind sir, That is an offer I can’t refuse (having my iPhone nicked or being stabbed by a moped driver or both at the same time). I need to sort something out at work and I will get back to you. I seriously appreciate your offer to help. Have you experienced any problems with mag ride on s3’s before
Just about every issue you could think of, from delivery blocks in place through to broken springs and un-calibrated systems lol.

I think 2 years is way too long to reject a car tbh, you should really have done it within the first 6 months.
As for the magride, no issues with mine either on the factory 19's or my winter 18's that I have on now.
I guess it's been in a few times for this so all the suspension has been inspected? Has the ride height adaptation been completed at all, even from the factory with settlement it will be out and can affect the ride
I guess they should have inspected the suspension but I don’t think any of the techs have done, As far as I know they have just driven it for roughly 20 min( on smooth duel carriageways right outside the dealers conveniently) then said it feels ok to them apart from the 3rd master tech who agreed it felt strange when we drove on some normal unsettled roads but he wanted to compare it against a like for like which the dealers and Audi uk couldn’t source

I guess they should have inspected the suspension but I don’t think any of the techs have done, As far as I know they have just driven it for roughly 20 min( on smooth duel carriageways right outside the dealers conveniently) then said it feels ok to them apart from the 3rd master tech who agreed it felt strange when we drove on some normal unsettled roads but he wanted to compare it against a like for like which the dealers and Audi uk couldn’t source
The problem is ( I know it doesn't help you) is each dealer you go to you get different information on things like this. One says to change X at X thousand miles and the other disagrees. Makes it difficult for people like yourself and others to truly know which is the truth.

Hopefully DJAlix can help sort your issue out. Interested to hear the feedback from that.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Can you get/borrow a set of 19 wheels and fit to the car and try driving it on roads you know are bad for it bump stopping and see if that is the problem.
Ok it may be a hassle to get done but might work especially if they wont /cant set the suspension /shocks .

Can you get/borrow a set of 19 wheels and fit to the car and try driving it on roads you know are bad for it bump stopping and see if that is the problem.
Ok it may be a hassle to get done but might work especially if they wont /cant set the suspension /shocks .

Thanks for your input, I did ask them if that could be the prob that there designed for the 19’s and they did suggest trying a set on but when I chased them up about doing it they weren’t interested and made excuses. I asked the 1st master tech who looked at car if it could be possible that the mag only works with 19 not 18 and he just said a 1 inch increase/decrease in wheel wouldn’t be noticeable, even though Audi make you change the suspension just to increase wheel by 1 inch(a complete contradiction) That tech introduced himself to me as “not just a filter changer but a master technician” I really think now that there staff don’t seem to really know what’s going on with there own cars

On 18"s or 19"s it makes no difference to how the Magride performs and you have £8000 neg equity after 2 years doesn't sound right to me l sold my last S3 @29 months old and had no neg equity it had covered 27k miles, as for your chances of rejecting the car after so long ... Massively unlikely mate

Reactions: Jcbmally, Bells and Flying Scotsman
As above your chances of rejection are slim to none. Test drive any S3 with mag ride on the same uneven roads with the same tyre pressures and then compare ride quality. There must be a dealer within the Bristol area that has a demo or a used S3 for you to compare with.

Reactions: S32B and Jcbmally
As above your chances of rejection are slim to none. Test drive any S3 with mag ride on the same uneven roads with the same tyre pressures and then compare ride quality. There must be a dealer within the Bristol area that has a demo or a used S3 for you to compare with.
Exactly what I was going to suggest :)