HELP! Quattro front grille

Disappointed

Reaction score
Hello, is it possible to swap the ‘QUATTRO’ grille section into an adaptive cruise front grille? Essentially swapping the factory option.
Thanks.

Attachments

• D7DCAA1B-8C94-4261-AE24-AC5D65EE2BBE.jpeg
    D7DCAA1B-8C94-4261-AE24-AC5D65EE2BBE.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 3956F850-E23C-4DD6-A85B-D222425653E9.jpeg
    3956F850-E23C-4DD6-A85B-D222425653E9.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 149
Well it would be possible, just got to buy a new grille and then obviously all of the adaptive camera and supporting cabling which won’t be cheap.

Well it would be possible, just got to buy a new grille and then obviously all of the adaptive camera and supporting cabling which won’t be cheap.
Im wanting to remove the adaptive cemera & replace it with the quattro grille. Is that what you were referring to by buying the cabling? Thanks

Im wanting to remove the adaptive cemera & replace it with the quattro grille. Is that what you were referring to by buying the cabling? Thanks

Ah I see your post reads as you wanted to go Quattro to Adaptive, why do you want to remove the camera?

The Quattro is great but I’ve also driven a car with the adaptive kit and it is great. I’m sure I read somewhere that the new Golf’s have a lower insurance group due to the cameras, I don’t think insurance group is car specific though to know whether it’s there or not as that could affect price if they based it on each car.

Would be nice and easy to disconnect the camera and just fit a Quattro grill but you would definitely have errors on board that would need coding out. I can’t say I’ve ever heard of anybody removing one, @DJAlix is best to advise you on the steps required to disable its functions.

Ah I see your post reads as you wanted to go Quattro to Adaptive, why do you want to remove the camera?

The Quattro is great but I’ve also driven a car with the adaptive kit and it is great. I’m sure I read somewhere that the new Golf’s have a lower insurance group due to the cameras, I don’t think insurance group is car specific though to know whether it’s there or not as that could affect price if they based it on each car.

Would be nice and easy to disconnect the camera and just fit a Quattro grill but you would definitely have errors on board that would need coding out. I can’t say I’ve ever heard of anybody removing one, @DJAlix is best to advise you on the steps required to disable its functions.
Honestly it looks ****. I like the cleaner look of the quattro. Dont need cruise control for my 20minute commute to work. :)

Honestly it looks ****. I like the cleaner look of the quattro. Dont need cruise control for my 20minute commute to work. :)

It isn’t the best I agree, but there will be a fair bit of cost involved. I’m sure the genuine grills will cost around a grand? (don’t quote me on that)

Sensor removal is easy then just need Vag Car Coding to get rid of any errors it will flag up by disabling it. If you wanted every sign of it gone then the windscreen and rear view mirror will need changing, cruise control stalk... otherwise you will have a car obviously equipped for ACC but with no sensor... might put off potential buyers in future if not put back.

It isn’t the best I agree, but there will be a fair bit of cost involved. I’m sure the genuine grills will cost around a grand? (don’t quote me on that)

Sensor removal is easy then just need Vag Car Coding to get rid of any errors it will flag up by disabling it. If you wanted every sign of it gone then the windscreen and rear view mirror will need changing, cruise control stalk... otherwise you will have a car obviously equipped for ACC but with no sensor... might put off potential buyers in future if not put back.
Windscreen and rear view mirror need changing too? Maybe its worth the extra $2000 for the other rs3

Windscreen and rear view mirror need changing too? Maybe its worth the extra $2000 for the other rs3

They won’t NEED changing you can obviously still use the car but if you want to make it look like the car never had it, yes you will need to change those as they have all supporting equipment for ACC.

If you don’t have the car yet it will definitely be cheaper to pay the $2000, it would cost you a more than that to downgrade the other one.

They won’t NEED changing you can obviously still use the car but if you want to make it look like the car never had it, yes you will need to change those as they have all supporting equipment for ACC.

If you don’t have the car yet it will definitely be cheaper to pay the $2000, it would cost you a more than that to downgrade the other one.
Thanks heaps mate! Fast snd great response. Appreciate it

Reactions: AudiNutta
Wow that looks ugly with the sensor I agree.

It seems like it would be more complicated to make a two part grill for the sensor than one with a hole like the FL has...

But personally I wouldn’t change the car. It’s got a cool feature and most people wouldn’t even notice if you didn’t mention it.