Headlight washer system problem

Justin Whitehouse

Reaction score
The front washers for the headlights haven't retracted back into the bumper. Weird how both have stayed out, is there anything I can do to reset them?

Sometimes happens in freezing weather try pouring some warm water over them to help them defrost

The front washers for the headlights haven't retracted back into the bumper. Weird how both have stayed out, is there anything I can do to reset them?

At least yours were working, mine on my FL RS3 have never worked since I picked it up from dealer even though the ‘tick-box’ sign off sheet at delivery says they were working.
I need them fixed but dread putting my pride & joy to my Audi dealer as they just do not fix anything and usually damage or break something when on their premises.

Wondering if anyone has had this issue, and managed to sort it without dealer intervention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least yours were working, mine on my FL RS3 have never worked since I picked it up from dealer even though the ‘tick-box’ sign off sheet at delivery says they were working.
I need them fixed but dread putting my pride & joy to my Audi dealer as they just do not fix anything and usually damage or break something when on their premises.

Wondering if anyone has had this issue, and managed to sort it without dealer intervention.

Hi, I thought there was something wrong with my headlamp wash because it never triggered, but have discovered that you have to hold the windscreen wash stalk on wash for a few seconds before the headlamp wash triggers. All this with the lights on of course. I only usually briefly pull the stalk for windscreen wash, hence not seeing the headlamp wash working until I worked out the above.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reactions: sve170
Hi, I thought there was something wrong with my headlamp wash because it never triggered, but have discovered that you have to hold the windscreen wash stalk on wash for a few seconds before the headlamp wash triggers. All this with the lights on of course. I only usually briefly pull the stalk for windscreen wash, hence not seeing the headlamp wash working until I worked out the above.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I believe even if you pull on the stalk briefly, it will still trigger the headlamp washers after the 3rd wash in the same journey with headlights on.

I believe even if you pull on the stalk briefly, it will still trigger the headlamp washers after the 3rd wash in the same journey with headlights on.

Yes you are correct, but mine just will not operate ever?
As I said before I won’t book the car in to get this fixed to local dealer due to their complete incompetence in everything they do.

Although at 1st service I will mention it, but not expecting any miracles from them.
Their usual answer to everything is we plugged in the diagnostic gadget and no fault codes showing.

We seem to be employing / training a bunch of children who cannot think or do anything for themselves unless the electronics feeds them s fault code.

Apologies, rant over.

Yes you are correct, but mine just will not operate ever?
As I said before I won’t book the car in to get this fixed to local dealer due to their complete incompetence in everything they do.

Although at 1st service I will mention it, but not expecting any miracles from them.
Their usual answer to everything is we plugged in the diagnostic gadget and no fault codes showing.

We seem to be employing / training a bunch of children who cannot think or do anything for themselves unless the electronics feeds them s fault code.

Apologies, rant over.

Agreed on the incompetence front, but if you have an issue that obvious they can’t argue.