Replacement windscreen (PCP)

Ryan Carpenter

Reaction score
Hi All

I’m a year into my PCP deal on my A4 and yesterday a stone has cracked my windscreen (around 8inches).

I’ve rang my insurance and they have arranged auto glass to replace and configure a new windscreen but they tell me it’s “the exact same spec” but not Audi branded. Do you think I need to get them to replace it with an actual Audi windscreen with Audi stamp?

I would ask Audi but department is closed today

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Hi All

I’m a year into my PCP deal on my A4 and yesterday a stone has cracked my windscreen (around 8inches).

I’ve rang my insurance and they have arranged auto glass to replace and configure a new windscreen but they tell me it’s “the exact same spec” but not Audi branded. Do you think I need to get them to replace it with an actual Audi windscreen with Audi stamp?

I had mine replaced. OEM glass without the four rings branding. Zero issues. As long as it's all calibrated properly etc (which it will be)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All

Most insurance companies will accept it if you insist upon a genuine audi windscreen. But Thundercliffe81 is quite correct...

Reactions: NevMan
Just make sure it's from Saint-Gobain. I've had about 5 or 6 replaced.

Perfect. OEM but without rings.

I even had one with (the rings)

20171211 187124km Vidro Fr novo 4
20171211 187124km Vidro Fr novo 1

Reactions: NevMan and cuke2u
Most insurance companies will accept it if you insist upon a genuine audi windscreen. But Thundercliffe81 is quite correct...

Hat is what I did with Autoglass, insisted on Audi branded, and got one at no extra cost.

Reactions: cuke2u