Help with buying a used A5

Renox

Reaction score
Hi, I am currently looking to buy a used Audi A5 Coupe 3.0 TDI V6 in black. Can people give me any advise in terms of problems and what not to buy? What's a good mileage to buy? Only got limited funds to buy one as it only has to last me 1-2 years.

All the help I get will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Renox :)

I owner two from 2008 until I traded the second one in a year ago.

If it's manual make sure the clutch/DMF isn't on the way out as it could be an expensive issue to fix.

Never had problems with the particulate filter but the car mostly did motorway runs rather than urban driving.

Edit - I owned a black car once and never again and that was before I knew about swirlies and the like

Reactions: Renox
what mileage was they? seen a few going for 5-7k with 100k plus. Worth looking at?

My last one was just coming up to 8 years old and with mid sixties on the clock when I traded in. Apart from a nagging doubt about the clutch there was no reason to doubt it would still be going for a good few years.

A new set of tyres will costs around £800 so might be worth taking that into account when comparing cars

The 3.0 TDI Quattro is an awesome car as long as it's looked after.

Make sure it's got a FSH and that the gearbox oil has been changed regularly if it's an Stronic.

Make sure you check all the electrics work as they can be expensive to fix.

Sorry for the late reply something personal, hope you all had a good xmas and thanks for the replies, I was looking at one which was 100k miles+ just to last me a year or two. And may I ask what is a FSH? :(