S-Line / 19" wheels

Nick_B

Reaction score
Hi all,

Great news that the MY19's finally appear to be moving and that some of us will have our cars this year.

My S-Line should arrive at the beginning of January and I see that one of the MY19 changes in the inclusion of 19" wheels as standard (with 245/35/19 tyres). I am wondering if this will give the car a noticeably harder ride - although I have specified adaptive suspension which may smooth things out a bit.

The S-Line I test drove way back in April had 18" wheels (non-adaptive suspension) and whilst the ride was firm, it was very smooth and comfortable.

Interested in views of how ride quality fares with these wheels. I drove my brothers 2009 bmw 320d m-Sport the other day and the ride was horrendous (although with run-flat tyres). Really hoping he new car will not be like that...!

It will make the ride firmer but by how much I don't know, and ride quality can be a very subjective topic anyway. But with a lower profile there will be less to absorb the lumpy bumpy bits. How much the adaptive suspension will adapt to is also up for discussion. It could be similar to an S4 setup...

Reactions: Nick_B
Having just swapped from my 19” summers to 18” winters, I didn’t notice a massive difference to be honest. They cope with pot holes and things like that a little bit but I wouldn’t say the change is night and day. I have the adaptive suspension on my S4 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nick_B
I think you have got it covered with the adaptive suspension. Although I don't have 19's I do high miles with 18's on my S-line with adaptive sport suspension and in comfort mode it is really good. If I set it to dynamic it is too hard for everyday in my opinion, but nice to have the option.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've got 19's on my s-line non adaptive and if the tyres are inflated to what audi recommend which is around 41psi front and 39 rear the rides awful in my opinion yet set to 36 front 33 rear its acceptable with no noticeable loss in mpg or handling

I believe there should be a comfort setting on the tyre pressure sticker.
Ride quality is divided, as is always, with different models, suspension, tyre sizes and makes of tyres.
It's what suits you that counts...

Last edited:
I believe there should be a comfort setting on the tyre pressure sticker.
Ride quality is divided, as is always, with different models, suspension, tyre sizes and makes of tyres.
It's what suits you that counts...
I've just checked my Tyre sticker plate
42 39 low
45 48 full
I think my settings of 36 33 is my own comfort mode :) and I think what the b 8 3.0tdi quattro are. Strange a lighter car should be so much higher

...though lower tyre pressures make your alloys more susceptible to pothole damage...another trade-off with comfort.

It's a very valid question given the state of our road network. We have a 2017 S5 and the new A6 S line and I gravitate to the A6 as much as possible as the ride is so much better.