What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

Q5 looks fine, but then don’t have UV light...yet. @FranA3 must have applied a decent ceramic then

7764c5981f6dd312a05e4dff7060379b.jpg

5578f9fcc07d36ad73a1ee69fcbd1c24.jpg

00966a9c7fd90ca70300c1fc5d70cb22.jpg

Or they ie Audi didn't do that bad a wash. .. ... Ya big girls blouse lol

Reactions: BarryG79, Audi Bairn, NevMan and 1 other person
Haha, and you wouldn’t have gone mad had they washed your voodoo mate? Exactly
Nope l wouldn't have to be honest next time put a A4/A3 Sized poster do not wash this car on the outside the windscreen logical place

Reactions: NevMan
My car goes in for it's first Oil Service to Audi York in a month or 2 - will be prepared :(
Scottish
PLEASE DINNAE WASH THES VEHICLE

:D lol reminds me of this old one:

Lol

Reactions: BarryG79, Bristle Hound and NevMan
Bought and trialled the new Autoglym tyre gel after mootings it is good. First impressions are it looks good. Looks , feels, applies very similar to the Gyeon Q2 Tyre which I also bought at the end of the summer. Sling test still to come. This is how it looked after a good tyre clean and two coats.

BB916F66 B326 4EC9 913A 88F6EDB4F863

9FB85D02 1357 4D2C A217 70723B5D1D55

Reactions: Mennell, BarryG79, Jassyo06 and 2 others
So after an overnight drying and a few mile drive I am well impressed. The gloss is still lovely and sling was minimal, even though they still
97480FED F6B7 4F34 A21C 3F664FAEAB87
look very wet and shiny. Thumbs up for the Autoglym tyre gel

Reactions: BarryG79
Before...

74e4782ccae34792b761c9eec1504d13.jpg

After...

850926809a8d05521e3ea98e343e1aa7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: josul, NevMan and BarryG79
Before...

74e4782ccae34792b761c9eec1504d13.jpg

After...

850926809a8d05521e3ea98e343e1aa7.jpg

Out of interest and seeking advice this is what I did... I’ve indicated if it was a new product or not. BTW paint is Daytona grey

Vp citrus pre wash (new)
Turtle wax zip wax car wash (because I have it )
Clayed (Meguiar’s)
2500 wet sand a couple of deeper marks
Touch up paint and clear coat to deep chips / scratches
Pb-Da900 (new) polished on blue SPTA 5” pad - fine (new) with mer polish (already had)
At this point car looked great
Pb black hole (new) didn’t see much change
Pb ex sealant (new) seemed to add more depth
Pb natty black wax (new) gave it a nice glaze.
Cleaned glass and angel waxed (new)
Armor all shield on cleaned wheels (had it)
Tyre foam (had it)

I think I should have been more aggressive on the da polisher. Orange pad? I was cautious as I’m a newbie! Got most marks out. Deeper chips need more attention. This was my first go in the car (had it two weeks).

What other or products would you suggest? Any tips on product application or order of application?
I just applied as per instructions and using the da polisher with red polishing pad for glaze, sealant and waxes.

Cheers!

So don't want to start a new thred so go in to ask here over the last couple of years I've been using different product was polish compound clay bars etc
I'm looking to get all this off my car and start so say fresh so what recommendation to strip it all off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not today but on Friday for a Dyno day meet at Stockport.

- Decon with SurfexHD
- BH Snowfoamed
- Washed with CarPro Reset
- Applied CarPro Hydro2 Lite
- Coated with Gyeon Cure
- Tyres dressed with Tac Systems Tire dressing
- Exhaust cleaned with Autosol

4b0bc02f7d5a0959d5998ba8cdc404cf.jpg

2c6e3b782551ad83e53601e75bb80e52.jpg

b5fde4004ec16bf36ee5c2ed430d14ed.jpg

And who says who doesn't shine or you can get reflection shots

25c4bbc4330af50aac2807cd3f215206.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: S32B, Bristle Hound, A4A4 and 3 others
Bought and trialled the new Autoglym tyre gel after mootings it is good. First impressions are it looks good. Looks , feels, applies very similar to the Gyeon Q2 Tyre which I also bought at the end of the summer. Sling test still to come. This is how it looked after a good tyre clean and two coats.

View attachment 175879

View attachment 175880

Tyres look great mate,but you better watch out them Audi valve caps dont rust over, then you'll need to cut them off

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Pook

- Decon with SurfexHD
- BH Snowfoamed
- Coated with Gyeon Cure

Them 4 cannon Exhausts looks ****** uber mate..........Sepang smoked ye though............lol

Reactions: NevMan, BarryG79 and V6_Man

- Decon with SurfexHD
- BH Snowfoamed
- Coated with Gyeon Cure

Looking good bud!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and V6_Man
Them 4 cannon Exhausts looks ****** uber mate..........Sepang smoked ye though............lol

A dark coloured car will always mate. No matter how much time and I hardwork I put in it will never shine as good as even a neglected dark coloured car

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Jassyo06
I used a drying towel for the first time this year....l also corrected the high gloss black swirl magnets ie on the A.B pillars....polished the door mirrors aswell...lol was working all weekend so limited time

Reactions: V6_Man
A dark coloured car will always mate. No matter how much time and I hardwork I put in it will never shine as good as even a neglected dark coloured car

******* get a Days of Thunder RS6 ....Then................lol Saw a Misano Red RS6 Today....looked so ****** good...Ye know one of them guys....who only take it their car out on a Sunday... weather permitting....LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: V6_Man
****** get a Days of Thunder RS6 ....Then................lol Saw a Misano Red RS6 Today....looked so ****** good...Ye know one of them guys....who only take it their car out on a Sunday... weather permitting....LOL

The performance ones are hard to come by and still tad bit expensive for what I'd like to pay. , I am sure one will come.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Tyres look great mate,but you better watch out them Audi valve caps dont rust over, then you'll need to cut them off
Thanks! Yea I keep them lubed on the inside with some lubricant stuff so they’re bang on, learned my lesson from my A3 ha!

Reactions: Jassyo06
Gave the car a quick wash then a coat of triple q

Attachments

• 2A59F774-D31A-4AAB-BD84-E373127DD3FE.jpeg
    2A59F774-D31A-4AAB-BD84-E373127DD3FE.jpeg
    961.4 KB · Views: 293
  • D2E94D0E-B6E3-477A-82AF-F56072C167AE.jpeg
    D2E94D0E-B6E3-477A-82AF-F56072C167AE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 278
  • 35C0F364-F0AD-45CD-8DBA-2FAC5C1F9BA4.jpeg
    35C0F364-F0AD-45CD-8DBA-2FAC5C1F9BA4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 300
Reactions: Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and BarryG79

- Decon with SurfexHD
- BH Snowfoamed
- Coated with Gyeon Cure

@Tashfeen - S4 looking fab buddy. Great reflections from a white car :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
5784F02C ECB3 4AF2 9F71 953763C92AEC

So I finally erected my detailing stool my missus kindly bought me for Xmas. It was such a lovely day too I gave the car a proper clean and finish, and I used the seat! Still don’t get tired of how good Ara looks in the sunlight, and how good the paint feels with the ceramics.

Reviews:

Also decided that a wash mitt is the best thing to use for the face of the alloys, my Wheel Woolies are excellent for a thorough clean to the back of the wheel, and in the joins of the spokes and callipers, but the wash mitt is quicker and better for the face. The mini wheel woolie does not serve much purpose on the Arm-Wing alloys either, my other 3 however are all useful. If I was being picky I would also like the stalks to be a bit stiffer, using a brush you have to apply quite a bit of downward pressure, which in turn flexes the shafts quite a bit.

Think my favourite detailing combo is diluted C2 as a drying aid/QD in combo with a Gtechniq sandwich drying towel (the grey one), it is a quality product as a finishing towel. The finish left every time is silk like.

Autoglym tyre gel: second little top up and again a great finish. A little bit of sling but it didn’t have long to dry at all so I am still impressed. Same finish give or take as the Gyeon q2 but I reckon a little less sling.

AUDI paint: soft as shyt. Lots of mini stone chips on the front, as well as a few bad ones.

Gtechniq Ultra + ExoV4: still holding up really strong! Not even a sniff of fallout, iron, tar or anything sticking. The odd bit I have seen has literally just fell off the coating. Only 7 months in but still beading like day one and the gloss levels still off the scale. The above finishing combo definately helping it though. I reckon I’ve now pretty much got my products and method finalised. No more testing and experimenting!

Reactions: Bristle Hound, BarryG79 and A4A4
Well I’ve done nothing today, however VW servicing department decided to wash the missus car when it was in for a warranty issue with clear instructions: DO NOT WASH AND VAC!! Her car ceramic coated too, gonna need some proper sunlight to determine if there’s any issues. Service rep obviously wanted to have the obligatory walk around telling me it was fine, the weather was dull and wet so any chance of seeing swirl marks or the like was zero. He then proceeded to tell me his car was ceramic coated too! so I quickly stopped him there and told him (politely) to stop talking to me like I’m someone who cleans my car in a Tesco car wash, because if his car is ceramic coated he obviously takes car maintenance fairly seriously. This actually happened yesterday and he phoned me back today to again apologise and that after investigation they had found out the mistake to be ‘human error’, no shyt Sherlock! The ‘valetor’ had picked up the wrong set of keys apparently. Aye whatever, don’t care why it was done, it was done. He queried if I had checked the car today to which I replied we have complete cloud cover with dull drizzle so no, but rest assured I will let them know. Is it really that hard to look at a job sheet and read it properly!? So annoying, but fingers crossed it is ok.

Well I’ve done nothing today, however VW servicing department decided to wash the missus car when it was in for a warranty issue with clear instructions: DO NOT WASH AND VAC!! Her car ceramic coated too, gonna need some proper sunlight to determine if there’s any issues. Service rep obviously wanted to have the obligatory walk around telling me it was fine, the weather was dull and wet so any chance of seeing swirl marks or the like was zero. He then proceeded to tell me his car was ceramic coated too! so I quickly stopped him there and told him (politely) to stop talking to me like I’m someone who cleans my car in a Tesco car wash, because if his car is ceramic coated he obviously takes car maintenance fairly seriously. This actually happened yesterday and he phoned me back today to again apologise and that after investigation they had found out the mistake to be ‘human error’, no shyt Sherlock! The ‘valetor’ had picked up the wrong set of keys apparently. Aye whatever, don’t care why it was done, it was done. He queried if I had checked the car today to which I replied we have complete cloud cover with dull drizzle so no, but rest assured I will let them know. Is it really that hard to look at a job sheet and read it properly!? So annoying, but fingers crossed it is ok.

LIVID! Sun out this morning, car is absolutely CAKED in serious swirl marks on every square inch. Some serious conversations to be had with the dealership.

LIVID! Sun out this morning, car is absolutely CAKED in serious swirl marks on every square inch. Some serious conversations to be had with the dealership.
Audi paid for a proper Detailer to sort it out when they did that with mine, also marked DO NOT WASH.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: FranA3 and V6_Man
Audi paid for a proper Detailer to sort it out when they did that with mine, also marked DO NOT WASH.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
Thanks, it’s what I will be expecting but I’m sure it won’t happen without a fight.