Door blade paint code

Tj 0785

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
ive seen it mentioned on here a few months back the factory colour code for the door blades anyone no what it is?

I think it’s L7DL which is flat grey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might give it a go when it’s a bit better weather I need to get a new blade for the drivers door one clip had pulled away at the door edge. Think I’m going to give it a good clean tomorrow whilst I’m waiting for my radio to get decoded so I can see if the mfsw is going to work considering it hasn’t been cleaned in nearly to years it surprisingly clean

Might give it a go when it’s a bit better weather I need to get a new blade for the drivers door one clip had pulled away at the door edge. Think I’m going to give it a good clean tomorrow whilst I’m waiting for my radio to get decoded so I can see if the mfsw is finally going to work considering it hasn’t been cleaned in nearly to years it surprisingly clean
6D6472BB BE30 40D5 A52E 131743B3C3E9

Your in the same boat of me, my blades went about 3 years ago, took them apart, cleaned them up and reattached them.... but the passenger side last screw isn’t quite holding and starting to peel away. Will invest in new ones at some point but there so expensive! £250+ each from memory.

I may just re-work then again to fit a little more “permanent” and then spray the lot on plasti-dip new black shadow. Has a little more sheen than the Matt black we are all familiar with.

Even 2nd hand they want daft money considering they will probably break soon aswell

Yeah it’s that dam nylon strip. There’s only so much silicone and screws you can use. Mine are re-screwed with longer/wider screws. Just small enough not to protrude. But I can tell it won’t be long before that fails.

I might see if that nylon strip can be replaced rather 3D print a new one or a metal one would be cheaper than buying new and I bet new ones need painting

Yeah unfortunately the new door blades come primed. So will need to be painted. If you could get a metal replacement for the nylon that would be ideal. I suspect the reason why it’s nylon instead is to prevent scratching the door when sliding on and off.

Seems the list for these cars is never ending, still these are all tinkering bits that can be done as and when. Just want to get the car built, mapped and on the road now.

I might see if that nylon strip can be replaced rather 3D print a new one or a metal one would be cheaper than buying new and I bet new ones need painting

If you can create a repair kit for these door blades you could make a profit from it.