HPFP at stage 1?

• Thread starter Deleted member 117185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 117185

hi all,

I’ve recently found out my car is stage 2 but without any bolt on mods (revo tune).

I am getting it flashed back to stage 1 pronto, but my friend has an uprated HPFP for sale at £200 which is half price. I don’t think I’ll ever go stage 2 due to the cost and little benefit over stage 1 especially in terms if bang for buck, but I’d be interested in getting this HPFP if I’ll see a benefit with it even from stage 1?

What are your guys thoughts on this?

I am no expert on this but the 8v model I believe does not require the HPFP for stage 1. Stage 2 is a whole different ball game where you will require new inter cooler, DP, and HPFP I believe plus the correct ecu map and gearbox map to suit.

I am no expert on this but the 8v model I believe does not require the HPFP for stage 1. Stage 2 is a whole different ball game where you will require new inter cooler, DP, and HPFP I believe plus the correct ecu map and gearbox map to suit.

I know it is only REQUIRED for stage 2, but looking at stage 1 vs stage 2, there’s not much of an increase at all and that’s with IC and DP. If you then go stage 2+ however and add the HPFP, it increases torque by about 45lbft. It can’t HARM being on a stage 1 car can it? I just don’t know if it’s worth adding now or not because I’m unsure whether back I’ll ever go full stage 2+ but it might make stage 1 run a little better?

Pass, only quoting what I’ve been reading time and time again in tuning and mapping these cars, a lot more folk on here more knowledgable on the subject then me.

I’ve been told a LPFP is needed on stage 2 then 3 with a bigger turbo a hpfp upgrade is required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk