Locked out of my Audi A4 b7

David Hagon

Reaction score
Hi,
The keyfob isn't working, and the key doesn't open the door either. I also have a spare keyfob /key and that doesn't open the door. I can gain access to the boot using the key, but it sets the alarm off.
Any help greatly appreciated.
I have had recovery here and they couldn't open it.
Regards,
David

Put a new battery in the key fob and recode key to car. Google should find you a video of how to do it. I had to recode one of my keys when the battery went dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put a new battery in the key fob and recode key to car. Google should find you a video of how to do it. I had to recode one of my keys when the battery went dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks but from what i have seen you have to put the key into the ignition to recode, but i can't get into the car even with the key!

The remote central locking stopped working a few months ago and I was using the physical key to open the door without a problem. I had the mechanisms on both sides replaced with OEM parts recently costing around £600. This fixed the central locking so I didn't have to use my key anymore, until today when the keyfob didnt unlock the car. I can only assume at this point that they didn't change the barrel or supply the new key that comes with the lock if that's how it works. The garage that fitted the locks doesn't open till the 2nd so will find out then.

Mine did the same dude. Had the barrels replaced like you. Still did it. Turned out to be corrosion in the wiring loom in the passenger door causing all this issues. Had that changed. Problem went away.

Mine did the same dude. Had the barrels replaced like you. Still did it. Turned out to be corrosion in the wiring loom in the passenger door causing all this issues. Had that changed. Problem went away.
Thanks, but surely i should be able to open the door with the key even if there is an electrical problem?
Any suggestions on how I can get into the car?

Last edited:
Thanks, but surely i should be able to open the door with the key even if there is an electrical problem?
Any suggestions on how I can get into the car?

I couldn’t mate. Just like if it did it while I was in the car I also couldn’t get out. Not sure if there is an electronic dead lock.

No help I’m afraid. When the care randomly let me in I went straight to the main dealer and left it with them to sort it out.