Resonator Delete Options 1.8TFSI

cabbage31

Reaction score
Yes....I know....this has been asked multiple times before... I've tried searching but can't seem to find much info on the 1.8TFSI model.... so here goes....

I am after a more bassy but not too much louder sound for my 1.8 TFSI and from what I can see this is achievable by removing the centre silencer/resonator, now I have read that this can cause "drone" inside the car. I have also read that this is also dependant on the materials and the design of the delete pipe and ones such as the BCS Powervalve can block out the drone at higher speeds although I can't find it on their website.

So what do people recommend?
Will a £50 eBay pipe be good enough? Is the drone that bad?
I've also heard that the 2.0TFSI resonator has a different design - would that help make the 1.8 sound better?

Does anyone have experience of this? The most I've found is a YouTube video

Thanks

You really want to make your car sound like that , everyone to there own and all that but that sounds like *ussy farts.
Why not chat to BCS via here about getting a piece custom made for your car , think there one off site sponsors

We recently did this to my son’s TT 2.0Tfsi and the sound is certainly deeper. He tells me no drone on the motorway.

You really want to make your car sound like that , everyone to there own and all that but that sounds like *ussy farts.

No I'm not sure why in that video it makes that noise, it was just the only example I could find online of a 1.8 with a res delete.

Thanks for all the comments, I'll look at those options, sounds like it might be alright just doing it although I will look at Vibrant and BCS

This is who my son used.

http://www.exhaustworx.co.uk/

The resonator delete is not mandrel bent and we had to ignore the where to cut instructions. If we had cut where suggested the delete pipe would have been too short. All fits fine now though and my son is happy with the noise. As I said earlier, he says there is no drone but I have not been in the car on the motorway. Sounds good through a tunnel!