Cabriolet Roof Change?

stevey83

Reaction score
Has anyone attempted this? The rear glass on mine has been lose for a long time by the looks of it and someone at some point has tried to use superglue to repair it, leaving white marks all over the fabric. Inside is green and mossy as well, although that would be easily cleaned.

Ive seen second hand ones on ebay for sale, but nt sure how difficult it would be to replace?

Any ideas or advice?

Hi Stevey,

There are a lot of tutorials in binding cab rear windows, it seems pretty simple in regluing or reattaching in comparison to replacing which is what I am having an issue with.

There is a thread on here called Cabriolet rear window bond repair guide ( I would add the link but it wont let me post my reply)

Unfortunately for me I am in the predicament of not being able to see anything from my rear window as it has gone completely opaque. I have no idea where to go without spending a small fortune on replacing it. I've just bought a second hand plastic window on ebay, now to try and find a tutorial on how to remove the old and replace the new. This is going to be fun!

Keep me updated if you have managed to find any replacement videos because not sure what I am doing wrong.

Edit: sorry if I couldn't me more of help!

Thanks for the reply. I’ve looked into rebonding, I’ll search for it on here as well. I suppose it’s the easiest place to start.

It’s just the glue on the fabric looks a mess and I would like to get rid of that.

Is the glue scattered close around the window or is it just all over the place. If its around the window its easy to conceal with a strip of fabric that matches your roof, then you can control how to place it neatly to hide the glue and gives the window a nice trim. But again that all depends on how you feel about the DIY aspect.

Unfortunately to replace I only know some fairly local ones in London and by the looks of it you're in wales. But I have been quoted so the estimate is from £300 - £800 that's the ball park on the window replacement, complete roof not so sure I feel like it's a lot more.