Quick dual zone climate question..

Rip

Reaction score
Is there a way to have the drivers side temp control knob control both sides of the car? I had a look in the massive owners manual but couldn't find what I wanted.

Another car I had with dual climate allowed the drivers side to control both sides until the passenger touched their control knob, was very handy.

Is there a way to have the drivers side temp control knob control both sides of the car? I had a look in the massive owners manual but couldn't find what I wanted.

Another car I had with dual climate allowed the drivers side to control both sides until the passenger touched their control knob, was very handy.
Hold the Auto button down to sync both sides.

Reactions: KenL
and always use the drivers side to change temperature in order to keep it in sync! if you use the passengers one then it will be out so you have to hold the button down again to activate the sync mode.

and always use the drivers side to change temperature in order to keep it in sync! if you use the passengers one then it will be out so you have to hold the button down again to activate the sync mode.
Thanks for the info.

I knew the answer to this because it was the same procedure with 2 different manufacturer cars I have owned, but I was curious about how difficult it would be to find in the owners manual.
Looked up the index for climate control but there was nothing, so assumed it must be under a/c. Sure enough it was the very first entry and stated page 79.
Turned to page 79 and at bottom of the page was a sub heading called Synchronisation - "pressing the AUTO button for 2 seconds"
Yes you can call me a smart ****. :D

Reactions: AlS3BE
On the same kinda topic. My old Tiguan had a 2x speed auto fan setting. It was excellent for reducing the volume of the fans in auto. Don’t suppose there’s a tweak, vcds or otherwise that can do this on the 8v?

I knew the answer to this because it was the same procedure with 2 different manufacturer cars I have owned, but I was curious about how difficult it would be to find in the owners manual.
Looked up the index for climate control but there was nothing, so assumed it must be under a/c. Sure enough it was the very first entry and stated page 79.
Turned to page 79 and at bottom of the page was a sub heading called Synchronisation - "pressing the AUTO button for 2 seconds"
Yes you can call me a smart ****. :D

4 audi now and never have I once opened the manuals:wink:

Reactions: josul
On the same kinda topic. My old Tiguan had a 2x speed auto fan setting. It was excellent for reducing the volume of the fans in auto. Don’t suppose there’s a tweak, vcds or otherwise that can do this on the 8v?
Does the eco mode of the ac reduce the fan? Might be worth having a play with that.

It does actually, now I just need to find out how to keep it in that mode when in dynamic thanks.
If you press Auto it toggles the AC Eco mode on/off. When in Dynamic and left in that mode the car should remember the setting of your AC. If you toggle through the Drive Select modes, when you pass over Comfort the car will turn off AC Eco mode, simply press the Auto button and it will turn AC Eco back on. I have not come accross a way to keep the AC in eco when looping through the Drive Select modes to get it back into Dynamic.