A3 Cabriolet bike rack

Relliott6879

Reaction score
I'm looking for a rack to carry 3 bikes on the back of my A3 cab. The only two I've found that are said to fit are the Saris Bones and the Saris Sentinel, with the Bones getting pretty good reviews, the Sentinel rather less so. Just wondering if anyone knows of any alternatives?

Also, is there such a thing as a light bar that I can plug into the 12v socket in the front of the car (long flex running in through the closed bootlid and the 'ski hatch' then between the front seats is what I'm thinking), as I imagine the bike wheels will obscure the rear number plate and lights and I'll be driving several hundred miles across Europe.

I'm looking for a rack to carry 3 bikes on the back of my A3 cab. The only two I've found that are said to fit are the Saris Bones and the Saris Sentinel, with the Bones getting pretty good reviews, the Sentinel rather less so. Just wondering if anyone knows of any alternatives?

Also, is there such a thing as a light bar that I can plug into the 12v socket in the front of the car (long flex running in through the closed bootlid and the 'ski hatch' then between the front seats is what I'm thinking), as I imagine the bike wheels will obscure the rear number plate and lights and I'll be driving several hundred miles across Europe.

Never seen a light bar powered off ciggy lighter.
The light bar needs signals for side lights, indicators, brakes and fogs so lots of wiring?
Some cars have the tow bar prep so will be a case of getting a module with the plugs for the light board.

Reactions: DJAlix and Relliott6879
I don’t know anything about this really, but could you fit a tow bar and have a towball mounted rack. Then you would also have the hookup for the lights.
Would be expensive though.