Porsche Macan or Cayenne brakes

RedDragon

Reaction score
I have seen Cayenne brakes on a MKV Golf but do Macan calipers or Cayenne calipers easily fit the 8V? Rotors are similar size to the S3 8V.

Is it a fashion thing by fitting brakes from a different manufacturer, or is it a performance thing? I’m not being flippant and it’s a genuine question.

If it ISNT a fashion thing then what’s wrong with Audi brakes?

If it IS a fashion thing then I’m sorry, I don’t get it.

You drive an Audi, not a Porsche. Would you fit Audi brakes if you had a Porsche?

Confused.

The original RS2 used porsche brakes, wheels etc.
The first audi RS made in collaboration with porsche.
That's the history, it's a nod to its roots.
That's my thinking why people do this

Reactions: Lehn
Then that makes perfect sense and probably explains quite a bit.

Cheers for the clarification :hi:

Reactions: CHEZ
It’s normally the cheaper option. Find some cheap second hand 6 pot calipers off a Porsche rather than an aftermarket set from likes of brembo, revo, mtm etc for £2k+

Is it a fashion thing by fitting brakes from a different manufacturer, or is it a performance thing? I’m not being flippant and it’s a genuine question.

If it ISNT a fashion thing then what’s wrong with Audi brakes?

If it IS a fashion thing then I’m sorry, I don’t get it.

You drive an Audi, not a Porsche. Would you fit Audi brakes if you had a Porsche?

Confused.

Im looking for a track car bolt on brake upgrade and I have relatively cheap access to a set of brakes from a Macan S. I just know some other VAG cars share components and are an easy swap. I don't really care what brand they are as long as they are either lighter or bigger than what I have now.

Fair comment, I genuinely didn’t know the reason why some do this:hi: