Driving in France

eribaMotters

Reaction score
I'm due to collect my 2019 Sportback Sport with the standard "Xenon headlights with LED daytime-running lights".
I'm towing a caravan around France as usual in the summer and have previously had to use the beam bender lens converters. Reading a copy of the owners manual it would appear I don't need these anymore and I can drive without making any adjustment. It is a bit confusing though as it says "On vehicles with led headlights or xenon headlights the headlamp converter must be activated"
Can anybody clarify please before I sell of my supply of beam benders.

Colin

On my previous A3 Sport with Xenon headlights, there was an option in the car settings of the MMI where you could set the headlights to left hand drive, which worked very well during my numerous trips to France, so I never needed to buy beam bender converters.

Think you should be fine. most cars have flat beam lights now that don't blind drivers when driving on the opposite side of the road. My A3 with Halogen lights didnt need changing. My Q2 with LED lights is Swiss so LHD and i dont need to do anything when i go back to the UK.

I go every week (truck) and down to Italy every year and never ever have i put those horrid plastic crap on, you won't get bothered at all by anybody in Europe just the odd few and far between flash from a driver coming the other way , to be honest nobody gives a monkeys these days

Reactions: Ormesome