Going to buy a 2016 S3...need pointers.

quattrorally

Reaction score
30k miles.
its basically fully loaded.

getting it from an audi dealer so 12 month warranty included.

i've never owned an audi..or an s3. What should i be looking out for? any common problems i should look out for? i keep seeing haldex mentioned everywhere.

cheers guys!

Only thing the Audi warranty won’t cover is clutch(manual) and brakes in my experience so make sure you get a good test drive and see if there’s any problems with these.
Full set of disc and pads from Audi will be around £1k and clutch even more.

When should the disk and pads be due for replacement?

It's an automatic..so i guess i don't need to worry about the clutch.

When should the disk and pads be due for replacement?

It's an automatic..so i guess i don't need to worry about the clutch.

Disk and pads depends on how it’s been driven.
Auto needs serviced every 38k so make sure it’s been done.

Disk and pads depends on how it’s been driven.
Auto needs serviced every 38k so make sure it’s been done.

Is there an audi reference somewhere that has service intervals for all of the components?

It'll be in the paperwork you get, also the car will tell you (can either be set to time interval or condition-based, I believe)
Haldex (must insist on filter clean as usually Audi will just change the oil!) service due at 3 years/40k miles, gearbox at 38k miles I believe

Believe spark plugs are also due at 36/38k miles, can't fully remember.

I doubt Audi will do any service work that is not due so at 30k miles will be lucky to get any of the aforementioned items done for free.

My sparks on the RS3 were every 19k!
I could be chatting out of my ****... I remember reading it somewhere. My service was at 18k miles and Audi never mentioned anything. Just see you in 18 months.

Reactions: Terminator x
When I bought my car a few months ago it was 3.5 years old/44k miles and hadn't had anything serviced besides the engine oil. I got DSG, Haldex, and engine oils done and spark plugs had to be changed as they were knackered.

if it's fully loaded as you say check the pano roof opens and closes correct and also check that it dosn't creak/whistle at motorway speeds. Same for the drivers side door, check that it doesn't let wind noise in at over 60/70. Car should be pretty quiet basically.

had a quick test drive in it...felt great. im excited

looked at the service history, the haldex oil was changed on the last service. not sure about the filter....the guy didn't really know which was a shame.