Best person to complain to Audi about a used car purchase?

c_tahoe

Reaction score
Hey,

So after my third Approved used Audi purchased from an Audi dealer, there were multiple issues and the service was shocking. I have written a letter of complaint, which I wanted to send to the branch as well as someone higher up. Does anyone know who the best person or contact details to get a repsonse or acknowledgement?

Cheers

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Hey,

So after my third Approved used Audi purchased from an Audi dealer, there were multiple issues and the service was shocking. I have written a letter of complaint, which I wanted to send to the branch as well as someone higher up. Does anyone know who the best person or contact details to get a repsonse or acknowledgement?

Cheers

Write to the highest person available. I.E. CEO.

Reactions: Andy F
CEO's don't read letters!
Whoever you talk to just state the facts & remove as much emotion as possible. It is your car but to them it is just another car................

CEO's don't read letters!
Whoever you talk to just state the facts & remove as much emotion as possible. It is your car but to them it is just another car................

They don’t but you get a more senior minion dealing with your issue rather than the lower customer service agent who has no powers.
I’ve had good results before.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Hey,

Cheers
Like others have said Audi UK and go as high as you can.

The local dealerships get a right kick up the rear when Audi UK get involved. I got an R8 for the day after complaining to Audi UK after I'd bought my S3. Then on this car I got it delivered 3 weeks earlier after I'd complained to Audi UK that I was getting messed around with the delivery date and I would be without a car for 2-3 weeks, they said we don't expect our customers to be without a car for 24 hours! I said well tell Cheshire Oaks that, as they said there is nothing they can do. When I collected the car the manager in my local dealership then gave me his mobile number and asked me to contact him if I had anymore problems, as it looks bad on them if Audi UK keep having to sort problems out for them!!!

Evans Halshaw were the same with my sister, they kept messing her around for about 2 months after she'd bought a used car from them. I sent an email complaining to a guy (can't recall his name/position) but he was high up, he then passed me onto the top boss for our area, all her problems that she wanted sorted were done within 14 days!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and AlS3BE
Hey,

Cheers

First. Phone Audi customer services. Follow up by sending a letter to Audi customer services, and a copy to the Dealership manager.

If Audi CS are as bad as VW CS, you're in for a frustrating ride.

Just out of interested what issues have you had with your used approved?

Twitter is always a good one to get it in the public eye.

I went straight to the MD at the time when I had issues.

He called within half an hour and set up a file for me which he monitored personally

Everything was sorted very quickly as you could imagine.

Reactions: S32B
As stated write to the CEO or as high up as you can get , I did this with BT and within 2 days my problems were sorted after 22 days without telephone service , I was well impressed .

Reactions: AlS3BE
As stated write to the CEO or as high up as you can get , I did this with BT and within 2 days my problems were sorted after 22 days without telephone service , I was well impressed .

Haha I did the same. 2 months 6 engineers tried to install broadband/phone line in my new build house. Wrote an email to the ceo and within 24 hours a senior engineer came out and sorted it within 20 minutes.

Watchdog.

Audi don’t give a stuff.

Reactions: Fatbloke
Good luck. Handbrake on mine among other things been intermittently faulty for over a year and a half. Been into the dealers many times and not one thing fixed. Audi UK went through the motions for a bit but basically it's all fob off. Seriously unimpressed.

Vote with your feet next time, they’ll learn.

My wife bought an 8P from a dealer once and the first time I washed it (with pressure) all the lacquer came off the front bumper along with all the bits of paint where they'd touched up about 50 stone chips on the front of the car. We complained to the dealer who just said tough tits, bought as seen. Phoned Audi UK and the next day get a grovelling phone call from the sales manager at the dealer asking where and when we'd like to book the car in for a full front end respray!

Hey,

Cheers
Out of interest how long have you had the car? This is from their website:

30 day exchange Plan
In the unlikely event of a demonstrable fault occurring within 30 days/1,000 miles (whichever occurs sooner), we will offer you an exchange. This does not affect your statutory rights.

This is an interesting read.

It's a topic that's been on my mind for a few years now. I'm seeing it across all platform forums too. Sytner Group have become unacceptable, frankly. I've been thoroughly let down in both sales and service across the U.K. It's not 'all' franchises. Poole are very good IMO. But as far as Yorkshire is concerned, it's terrible.

To the point where, the approved warranty just isn't worth the paper it's written on. I'm going my own way with a decent independent but I do feel this needs to be explored as I'm paying a fortune for things that should be common courtesy or just plain doing their job.

I'm going to go through the Audi UK process and submit several complaints that portray a prominent 'demise' in customer service over past 3-4 years. Nobody goes the extra mile anymore. Or even the first mile! Haha. I'm going to mention these forums as we are their customer base. Plain and simple.

I'll probably do a thread in general chat or something. Good luck to the OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to go through the Audi UK process and submit several complaints that portray a prominent 'demise' in customer service over past 3-4 years. Nobody goes the extra mile anymore. Or even the first mile! Haha. I'm going to mention these forums as we are their customer base. Plain and simple.
The problem is like everywhere else, they are cutting back on staff. Years back they probably had a person whose job it was to phone around customers and ask if everything was OK etc. Now that role has probably been passed onto the sales guy along with a lot of other hats! so they just don't get the time to follow up and give that extra bit of care.

The problem is like everywhere else, they are cutting back on staff. Years back they probably had a person whose job it was to phone around customers and ask if everything was OK etc. Now that role has probably been passed onto the sales guy along with a lot of other hats! so they just don't get the time to follow up and give that extra bit of care.

I noticed a distinct change when all the dealerships started getting renovated and the Audi Sport branding came in. It just got 'cold'. The attitude. Very corporate.

I'm writing an email now. Just been digging through previous ones trying to find service dates as I'm trying to cover two registrations. I got fobbed off last time I complained. So i want to submit times, dates etc. This will be a long process and I'm not naive. But I'm gonna go all the way to MD. Be interesting to see how it pans out.

I noticed a distinct change when all the dealerships started getting renovated and the Audi Sport branding came in. It just got 'cold'. The attitude. Very corporate.

I'm writing an email now. Just been digging through previous ones trying to find service dates as I'm trying to cover two registrations. I got fobbed off last time I complained. So i want to submit times, dates etc. This will be a long process and I'm not naive. But I'm gonna go all the way to MD. Be interesting to see how it pans out.

I've worked in a car factory for well over 20 years and I've seen it change, more and more work is being put on everyone to cut heads and save money and get cars out ASAP.

I was in a meeting the other week and the shift manager said "We need to cut 3 heads on each section", this means that the jobs those 3 people are doing get split up into small bits and are then given to the rest of the lads on the section, on top of their own work! Bearing in mind everything they do is timed to the last second, if the job is timed and it has 3 seconds spare they could for example give them another clip or part to fit. He then went on to say "Give them the work and then go back and time the jobs again in three months, that way they will be used to the jobs and will be able to do them quicker, leaving them time to do a bit more". I said "That's fine in theory, but what about when someone is off and you get a lend in or a new starter that doesn't know the job, how will they keep up?", he looked at me and said "You're just being negative", then carried on taking about something else that needed doing!!!

It's a joke, years back the lads would fit a part and if it didn't fit correctly or they had a problem they would take it off and do it again, now they don't have that time, so they just say and I quote "F**k it, I've not got time to fix that" and send it down the line hoping that QA see it and get it sorted. The other favourite saying is "Get it on get it gone" which is bad, but you can see why they say it! :D

Some of the sh*t and bodged fixes I've seen over the years are terrible, at times I've just put my hands on my head and said you can't do that, to which I got a reply of "It's all right the customer won't see it"....and they wonder why I don't drive a car they make :D

Reactions: KenL and Thundercliffe81
I can't even get an email reply from my Audi Sytner dealership, even when I'm enquiring about things that will give them money. ..Nevermind serious issues.

Reactions: KenL and Thundercliffe81
Email sent. It's a long one as I've had to cover incidents with two different registrations over two years.

I'll start a thread in general chat when I eventually get a response. I've gone through customer service and outlined the steps of escalation I'm going to take.

Reactions: KenL
I've worked in a car factory for well over 20 years and I've seen it change, more and more work is being put on everyone to cut heads and save money and get cars out ASAP.

I was in a meeting the other week and the shift manager said "We need to cut 3 heads on each section", this means that the jobs those 3 people are doing get split up into small bits and are then given to the rest of the lads on the section, on top of their own work! Bearing in mind everything they do is timed to the last second, if the job is timed and it has 3 seconds spare they could for example give them another clip or part to fit. He then went on to say "Give them the work and then go back and time the jobs again in three months, that way they will be used to the jobs and will be able to do them quicker, leaving them time to do a bit more". I said "That's fine in theory, but what about when someone is off and you get a lend in or a new starter that doesn't know the job, how will they keep up?", he looked at me and said "You're just being negative", then carried on taking about something else that needed doing!!!

It's a joke, years back the lads would fit a part and if it didn't fit correctly or they had a problem they would take it off and do it again, now they don't have that time, so they just say and I quote "F**k it, I've not got time to fix that" and send it down the line hoping that QA see it and get it sorted. The other favourite saying is "Get it on get it gone" which is bad, but you can see why they say it! :D

Some of the sh*t and bodged fixes I've seen over the years are terrible, at times I've just put my hands on my head and said you can't do that, to which I got a reply of "It's all right the customer won't see it"....and they wonder why I don't drive a car they make :D

Wow. That's just thoroughly underwhelming haha. I shouldn't laugh because it's crap. That top down change seems pretty universal.

I can't even get an email reply from my Audi Sytner dealership, even when I'm enquiring about things that will give them money. ..Nevermind serious issues.

Yeah I had that before. About an RS4. Zero response. They're the worst in my experience. And that's what my email is focused on.

This is an interesting read.

...To the point where, the approved warranty just isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Yes, I'm finding this out the hard way too. These approved warranties arent cheap either (from what I have heard from people who have bought their own) and it annoys me that they heavily scrutinise each claim, especially the big ones just because they are $$$$. The actual value shouldnt make any difference, if anything the big ones are the ones the customers really need help with because who has 5 grand kicking about for an engine repair bill?

Yes, I'm finding this out the hard way too. These approved warranties arent cheap either (from what I have heard from people who have bought their own) and it annoys me that they heavily scrutinise each claim, especially the big ones just because they are $$$$. The actual value shouldnt make any difference, if anything the big ones are the ones the customers really need help with because who has 5 grand kicking about for an engine repair bill?

Totally.

I think that's my biggest gripe/concern with all this. You kinda feel bent over a barrel to have this Approved warranty but they can refuse to pay if it's seen as not economically viable. Poor guy on here was refused a transmission repair/replacement on his month old RS4. Had to cancel the entire thing and get a different car.

That's just not cricket, man. I'm shelling out just shy of £2k to get all Discs and pads changed amongst other things. 'Consumable' items. Warped. Won't hijack the OP thread but I'm still gonna push for something from them. Probably take months though and my car is not safe to drive. So just sorting it myself in the meantime. Shouldn't be like that. You're spot on with what you're saying. The reason we feel we 'need' a warranty is in case the big things go wrong.

That's just not cricket, man. I'm shelling out just shy of £2k to get all Discs and pads changed amongst other things. 'Consumable' items. Warped.

I had a 1 year old car with 12k and it needed disc(warped) and pads all round. £1200 from Audi.
They didn’t care as policy was 6 months or 6000 miles. Didn’t even get some goodwill towards it. Told them to shove it and fitted trw disc and pads for around £400. Much better quality and less brake dust.

Out of interest how long have you had the car? This is from their website:

30 day exchange Plan
In the unlikely event of a demonstrable fault occurring within 30 days/1,000 miles (whichever occurs sooner), we will offer you an exchange. This does not affect your statutory rights.

It takes them 5 or 6 weeks to get the car booked in as they never have a courtesy car available. Screws the 30 day idea.

Over a year and a half and still not one issue fixed. Warranty will be out soon and they have got off with it.

Wish I had bought the Skoda.

Reactions: KenL

Lack of staff! I've never seen so many staff in a car dealer as they have at Audi Edinburgh.

Reactions: Fatbloke
I would think if you complain enough about them not fixing any of the faults they should take the car in give you another till it is fixed properly , if however the fault started within the 30 days and you can prove it they should consider changing it after all they cannot fix it ...Then again it is Audi so maybe not. perhaps talk to consumer advice centre or a solicitor .