Used car prices after brexit

pilla

Reaction score
Hi there, I have just been wondering what will happen to the prices of used cars after Brexit, ie: we leave with no deal which is what i think will happen. Will they rise or will they fall, I seem to remember car prices falling a good few years ago when there was something else that went on (cant remember) financial crash or whatever it was LOL. Any ideas? Looking for a cheap S4!!!

Everyone getting too hysterical about it imho. See a car you like and can afford then buy it.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tj 0785 and Raiden
Yeah, i can do that now if i wanted, but im a tight git and love a bargain. If the prices are going to drop, then i'll wait a bit!

Reactions: CHEZ
Used car PCH deals or finance or whatever the hell they call it these days wont get any cheaper Id have thought.

An out right buy on a used may do but i doubt that too.

Used car PCH deals or finance or whatever the hell they call it these days wont get any cheaper Id have thought.

An out right buy on a used may do but i doubt that too.
Yeah, im talking about an outright buy, I seem to remember some years ago nobody was spending their money for a period and car prices went cheap.

Yeah, im talking about an outright buy, I seem to remember some years ago nobody was spending their money for a period and car prices went cheap.
The Government reduced VAT to 15%, I bought an A3 that year, cracking deal given they were doing 'free' upgrades plus a chunky dealership discount!!

If people are fleeing the country you'd imagine car and house prices will be next to nothing but I guess it all depends what kind of Brexit (if any) happens.

And that's the thing with this brexit..
Nobody, that means nobody at all even knows.
Come March we will get a clue, until then we just have to sit tight and see what mess unfolds.

If I see anymore about Brexit i'm likely to go off my trolley......sick of it being plastered over everything.
It will be what it will be, if things go up, then albeit, if not then carry on as normal......its a mess frankly but i'm not loosing sleep over it, car prices are unlikely to change much , parts may increase but that's normal these days.

Reactions: Tj 0785 and CHEZ
If people are fleeing the country you'd imagine car and house prices will be next to nothing but I guess it all depends what kind of Brexit (if any) happens.

I think the housing the market will suffer badly. Good for me as we're sitting on cash waiting to buy if/when it does, bad for anyone selling unfortunatly.

People dont tend to spend big during volatile times. And a vote of no confidence has literally just been announced... with the ftse taking some large dips already within minutes of it.

If we go out without a deal that could see the price of new imports going up, in which case the price of used could also increase? Who knows what's actually going to happen though, our 'negotiators' certainly don't.

Reactions: Tj 0785 and pilla
Instead of Audis, Mercedes, BMW, Vag etc on the roads, we could start to see GMC, Chevrolet, Buick etc haha

I think the housing the market will suffer badly. Good for me as we're sitting on cash waiting to buy if/when it does, bad for anyone selling unfortunatly.

People dont tend to spend big during volatile times. And a vote of no confidence has literally just been announced... with the ftse taking some large dips already within minutes of it.
You have missed out on 10 years of price rises though?

TX.

If we go out without a deal that could see the price of new imports going up, in which case the price of used could also increase? Who knows what's actually going to happen though, our 'negotiators' certainly don't.

It's a classic example of saving face, European side don't want to give in as they know it will hurt European markets really badly if they stick firm, but don't want to be seen giving in to uk plans......no easy solution unless there is compromise on European side, which they don't wish to play ball but may have to in the end...just my input..

You have missed out on 10 years of price rises though?

TX.

10 years ago i was only 22. Last thing i was thinking about was buying a house lol

I was busy chasing skirt getting girls all wet with my sick hand brake turns...

(The above may not be entirely accurate lol was more driving like a loon in various turbo hot hatches)

Last edited:
Reactions: Terminator x and CHEZ
lol mike, wheres your post gone?!! Or did the penny drop !!?

Reactions: Terminator x
It's a classic example of saving face, European side don't want to give in as they know it will hurt European markets really badly if they stick firm, but don't want to be seen giving in to uk plans......no easy solution unless there is compromise on European side, which they don't wish to play ball but may have to in the end...just my input..

Yep, something has to give, we're a huge market for the German car manufactures, if we go 'no deal' they're bound to lobby the EU for some sort of mutually beneficial agreement?

Will we be able to use Euro Car Parts, lol

And will i be able to use my continental quilt.

Reactions: pilla, Terminator x and CHEZ