AMI lightning cable issue

Alex McIntyre

Reaction score
I'm trying to connect my Iphone to the Audi Music Interface and have bought the yellow collared AMI adapter from Audi, part number 4F0 051 510 AL 3115 VVL, to allow connection by lightning cable. My old Iphone 4 adapter worked fine, but when I plug in the lightning adapter the MMI tells me 'the device or this type of cable not supported', even before I plug in the phone.

My car is a 2010 A4 avant and the MMI software 3G (low) version is BNAV_EU_K0256_D1.
I'm guessing I need to update this but don't want to pay to update the Navigation Maps (I don't use them, I use google maps on the phone).

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Alex

Hi. I’ve got a 2010 A4 and the yellow cable didn’t work for me either. Ive just bought a white cable from a forum member and that works with my iPhone X.

Cheers.
I've messaged him.
A
Hi Alex, please tell me the above worked??? i've been racking my brains for about 3 days since i got my first Audi and it sounds like you was in the same boat as me. All i want is to be able to play music lol I never thought something so simple could be could end up in such a faff. I currently have a AMI to USB in my glove box and then just a iphone cable into that then says "not supported". @ruairi83 would you be able to help?