SQ5 Brake pads

Are you pleased with them?
Cheers

I am yes!

Did a lot of research - it was after all once part of my employ - and was satisfied with the technology and application(s), see: https://www.ferodo.co.uk/products/light-vehicles/eco-friction-brake-pads.html

Note: these Ferodo Eco Friction pads are and have been fitted as Original Equipment on Mercedes-Benz C-Class since March 2014 and Audi A4 since September 2015.

PLUS, PLUS: @ £127.47 a set of fronts AND rears (eBay buyanycarpart) delivered! So why not?

OK, my car, a 2016 SQ5, a recent purchase @19K miles had great brakes and only a tad of pad-wear on the discs (see photo) - both front and rear and both inside and outside diameters; but as this SQ5 is going to be a keeper I thought why not sort it now: so ALL 4-brake discs were PRO-CUT and the non working surfaces of the brake disc protected with an acid-etch primer.

SQ5 Plum Pudding

Note: rear 'original' pads were 'fast/stuck' in the caliper, tsk: you'd never know until you try and get 'em out...

However, once fitted, these Ferodo Eco Friction pads bedded in easily and very effectively over 25-miles: my usual procedure is to perform six or seven 'hard' 70 to 10mph stops, etc., and allow to cool; and the brake pedal was back to where it was before, near perfect for me.

So, back to to your question and my answer is yes, very pleased with 'em...

SQ5 Ferodo ECO FRICTION pads

Reactions: paul wev
Nice looking car, is that Sepang Blue? Had one pass me a few days ago and thought it looked great.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Nice looking car, is that Sepang Blue? Had one pass me a few days ago and thought it looked great.

It is Sepang blue, Andy; and it compliments our Cornflowr blue RS3 nicely:

Two x BLUEY 1

Reactions: AndyM001