Dislikes

But what indication do you get if the thermostat fails open? My car was picked up by trailer to return to dealer, I was told on no account the car should be driven.

If it gets too hot it’ll put up an error message.

The problem with a thermostat which fails fully open (and they are designed to be more likely to fail open than closed) is that it looks ok when stuck in traffic but on the motorway the temperature goes down below normal and you won’t see that without a water temp gauge.

But what indication do you get if the thermostat fails open? My car was picked up by trailer to return to dealer, I was told on no account the car should be driven.

I'm assuming a yellow or red light warning of overheating - I don't actually know - I was just told when I questioned the lack of temp gauge

Ive only done about 500km in the car and im not one to complain about small things but these irritate me

- Wind noise with windows down is unbearable, I enjoy driving with the front windows down about 1/4 of the way. This is not possible in my car (sedan) as the Wind is directed straight into my ear. I ride a motorcycle and equate the wind noise to the same as riding with no helmet. Its unbearable for me and my biggest dislike on this car.

-Extremely jerky gear change when coming to a stop in S mode. Slowing down when the car changes from 3rd to 2nd it feels like someone rear ended me.

Ive only done about 500km in the car and im not one to complain about small things but these irritate me

- Wind noise with windows down is unbearable, I enjoy driving with the front windows down about 1/4 of the way. This is not possible in my car (sedan) as the Wind is directed straight into my ear. I ride a motorcycle and equate the wind noise to the same as riding with no helmet. Its unbearable for me and my biggest dislike on this car.
I think this would be the case in many cars if you just open the front. Depending on your head height and height of the windows of course.

I've found if you open the rear windows the same amount this helps significantly.

I dont believe its my height/seat height, I have access to and drive many different cars regularly, none of which blow my ears out like this sedan.
I am not talking about Side window buffeting, its a direct flow of air coming into the car and straight into my ear
I'll try play around with the other windows/sunroof but its defintly not going to just go away.

Extremely jerky gear change when coming to a stop in S mode. Slowing down when the car changes from 3rd to 2nd it feels like someone rear ended me.
This one has an easy workaround - don't drive around in Sport mode. :D
I had the same car as you in the same best colour and I only ever used Sport mode for when I wanted a quick getaway.
Sport is not suited to everyday driving because it changes up too late and changes down too early so you get the roaring engine effect when braking from speed down to a stop.

Reactions: AlS3BE and Audi Bairn