Side Skirts

dznnyk

Reaction score
Hello.

I purchased a 2011 3dr Audi A1 Sport (1.4 TFSI) today. The driver's side skirt needs replacing, but I can't seem to find the exact one.

My side skirt looks like the one in the image of the white A1 here: imgur.com/a/lFtBVtz .

As you can see, it is slightly raised towards the rear. However, the ones that I have seen online are flatter and don't raise up towards the back.

Does anyone know which model(s) this type of side skirt was fitted on? Just to confirm, my Audi is not a Sportback, nor is it S-Line.

Thanks!

Hello.

I purchased a 2011 3dr Audi A1 Sport (1.4 TFSI) today. The driver's side skirt needs replacing, but I can't seem to find the exact one.

My side skirt looks like the one in the image of the white A1 here: imgur.com/a/lFtBVtz .

As you can see, it is slightly raised towards the rear. However, the ones that I have seen online are flatter and don't raise up towards the back.

Does anyone know which model(s) this type of side skirt was fitted on? Just to confirm, my Audi is not a Sportback, nor is it S-Line.

Thanks!

"As you can see"

Need a photo or two as we can't at the moment... :blink:

But check the Parts Data Base in the Sticky Treads in the A1 section, or here:

https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a1/a1/2016-792/8/

And you may find what you're looking for....

Last edited:
Reactions: 45bvtc
No worries; do the Parts Data Base illustrations help?
Unfortunately not; it simply shows acknowledgement of the part's existence as opposed to the specific part I appear to have.

Having researched it for a bit longer, it would appear that this style of side skirt was only on the Competition Line or the Quattro models. But my car is neither so I'm beginning to think that these are non-standard parts.

My spoiler is also different from the other Sport models I've seen online - it, too, is synonymous with the ones seen only on the S-Line/Competition Line/Quattro. Not sure if both of these were optional upgrades at the time of purchase or if these were parts that were retrofitted.

Beginning to think I might simply have to change both of the side skirts (which is a shame, since it is only one of the side skirts that is broken with the other one being fitted perfectly).

Unfortunately not; it simply shows acknowledgement of the part's existence as opposed to the specific part I appear to have.

Having researched it for a bit longer, it would appear that this style of side skirt was only on the Competition Line or the Quattro models. But my car is neither so I'm beginning to think that these are non-standard parts.

My spoiler is also different from the other Sport models I've seen online - it, too, is synonymous with the ones seen only on the S-Line/Competition Line/Quattro. Not sure if both of these were optional upgrades at the time of purchase or if these were parts that were retrofitted.

Beginning to think I might simply have to change both of the side skirts (which is a shame, since it is only one of the side skirts that is broken with the other one being fitted perfectly).

I have a 2011 A1 Sales Brochure, PM me with your email address and I'll send a copy to you, might help...

2011 A1

Ours is a 2013, how is yours different?

2013 A1

PM sent...

Last edited:
I have a 2011 A1 Sales Brochure, PM me with your email address and I'll send a copy to you, might help...
Ours is a 2013, how is yours different?
Will respond to the PM. Thank you!

b1f08871.png

My A1's sideskirts are slightly raised from the rear (depicted by the arrow), whereas your (and most other people's) side skirts are flat all the way through.

Kind regards.

Will respond to the PM. Thank you!

b1f08871.png

My A1's sideskirts are slightly raised from the rear (depicted by the arrow), whereas your (and most other people's) side skirts are flat all the way through.

Kind regards.

Doubt they're OEM, not shown even in the A1 Accessories Guide: seen similar on eBay, like so:

A1 side skirt

Doubt they're OEM, not shown even in the A1 Accessories Guide: seen similar on eBay, like so:

I have found out that they are indeed original parts. Coincidentally, I found another car - my number plate, for example, is AB11 DEF; this car was AB11 DEG - so I had figured that they must be from the same batch. It had the same spoiler (which I haven't seen on any car other than mine and this one online) and the same side skirts (which I haven't seen on any other car apart from the Quattro/Competition Line models). I reckon it's too much of a coincidence for both of the cars to have been fitted with the exact same non-standard side skirts and spoilers.

Had a look on Audi Deutschland, and I found that they were selling a pair for €450 - a lot more than I'm willing to pay for side skirts! Therefore, I've decided to purchase a non-OEM set of side skirts and replace both of them for £150.

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards.
Danny

Reactions: 45bvtc
I have found out that they are indeed original parts. Coincidentally, I found another car - my number plate, for example, is AB11 DEF; this car was AB11 DEG - so I had figured that they must be from the same batch. It had the same spoiler (which I haven't seen on any car other than mine and this one online) and the same side skirts (which I haven't seen on any other car apart from the Quattro/Competition Line models). I reckon it's too much of a coincidence for both of the cars to have been fitted with the exact same non-standard side skirts and spoilers.

Had a look on Audi Deutschland, and I found that they were selling a pair for €450 - a lot more than I'm willing to pay for side skirts! Therefore, I've decided to purchase a non-OEM set of side skirts and replace both of them for £150.

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards.
Danny

See attached, Danny; option YNE/CP2 as shown on Page 51 of the 2011 brochure I sent you:

P51

I'm sending you the 2016 Accessories Guide, more information... :readit: