Tyre and nail question

Mancmilks

Reaction score
Hey,

So i got a TPMS warning last night for the front left tyre. Unfortunately i have got a nail deep into my front left tyre.

Question is, do i get a tyre repair done as it is in the centre of tyre and nowhere near tyre wall (cheapest option) or do i just bite the bullet and get a new tyre? The tyre has plenty tread on so almost feel a waste getting a new tyre but if having a repair done causes issues or doesn't last too long id rather get a new tyre.

Anyone had a tyre repair done? and has it lasted the length of the tyres life?

Thanks in advance guys!

A repair in the centre of the tyre will be fine and if done properly will last the life of the tyre. Had quite a few over the years.

Reactions: Mancmilks
A repair in the centre of the tyre will be fine and if done properly will last the life of the tyre. Had quite a few over the years.

Perfect, thanks for the swift reply!

Reactions: SteveMcB
Same here - repair of a centre hole is simple and reliable.

.........as above have it repaired. When you see how it's done it is just about impossible for it to fail.

Around £10 for a repair versus the cost of 2 tyres (you should really replace the pair) = no brainer!

As above - repair mate. As long as the nail/screw hasnt compromised the tyre structure or wall structure = repair everyday of the week.

And deff agree with @Bobblejones - replace 2x at a time on Quattro to avoid strain on the train over time with uneven tyre circumfrences etc.