A4 B7 2007 Symphony Removal Issues

John Eady

Reaction score
hello, i have oordered th keys to remove the 2din stereo so i can fit a bluetooth connector. I'm having issues as pper 1 min YouTube video attaached. The keys don't seem to lock. Any suggestions please?

hello, i have oordered th keys to remove the 2din stereo so i can fit a bluetooth connector. I'm having issues as pper 1 min YouTube video attaached. The keys don't seem to lock. Any suggestions please?

They dont lock pull to the side and out at the same time might even be helpful if you have someone help so all four are done at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. To be clear, the slightest pull on the keys whether that's 1,2,3 or all 4 at the same time, the keys eject. I'm thinking the keys are wrong

They definitely SHOULD lock in place when they click. Don't know if it's any help but the keys look like they should be the right style.
I've found that some poorly made ones can have insufficient material on the notch to catch properly or, alternatively, you can get some on which the key itself is just a little too thin which can allow the entire key to slide over the top of the retaining lug.
I'm attaching some pics of the keys I use and some close ups of the latches on the Symphony.
As you can see, there is not much for the keys to grab/lock on to. Something that might be worth trying is inserting the top right key and slightly lifting the end which sticks out (thereby pushing down the bit which is inserted) and see if that catches at all?
One word of warning, when they DO catch and lock, they can be a pain to remove again until you get the stereo out (whereby you can push the catch in with your finger and easily remove the key, so you really want to have a known good set unless you want some interesting dash ornaments until you can source some.....
20190124 203955
20190124 204013
20190124 204028
20190124 204109
20190124 204123

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Once they are latched you need to pull all 4 of them outwards sideways (away from the stereo and towards the doors) and simultaneously pull them outward towards the rear of the car. In practice I've found that doing them diagonally in stages (top right + bottom left, then top left + bottom right) allows you to 'walk' the stereo out if you're doing it solo and don't have 4 hands.....

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Hi, I think you are putting them in wrong, the straight edge facing towards the centre, check on line videos removing Audi Double din.

Hi, I think you are putting them in wrong, the straight edge facing towards the centre, check on line videos removing Audi Double din.
Looking at his video he is doing it the correct way (notch towards the centre of the stereo)...

So what was the out come to this then? did you remove the head unit?