Power folding mirrors retrofit and module for fob control

Marius87

Reaction score
Hello, just about to do my folding power mirrors retrofit and watched some clips on youtube.
But there are several clips were the mirrors fold on signal from the fob.

Does anyone know where to get a magicmodule like that?

One of them in this video referes to a polish forum, but im nowere of understanding polish.

Hi, I am currently collecting parts to do the same on my car, still trying to find one module,
8E2 959 802E proving difficult to find.
I believe you can do the fold/unfold with the remote but you need to do more wiring and I think I seen something using a relay.
Let me no how you get on with the install and if you find a solution.

Its as far as i know not possible to make them fold unless you use the button in the door, but the guys in the video has some polish module installed.
Got in contact with the guy in the top clip, he lives in Norway as well, so he is going to check it for me.
But he says it possible to get this module elsewere than i Poland.

Not so easy to get the modules in Norway either. Seems like ive done a bummer and got modules from a 2doors cab.
So have to look for new ones.

Hi, good luck finding the modules, I was lucky to find one and still need another.

I have a 2dr cab and would be interested in the power fold module if you are sure it would work in my car.

I have a 2dr cab and would be interested in the power fold module if you are sure it would work in my car.

They fit and do the job.
Not quite sure how much it will cost to ship them to uk though. Looks like at least 40p.
Never sendt something outside Norway before, could be more costs..

I retrofitted the folding mirrors, and custom made the FOB folding option using an Arduino, was there an original B7 with FOB folding?

No there wasn’t.

I know you can wire up the TT folding module but it looks a pain to do. I’ve just stuck with the mirror adjustment knob.

Hi, can you share what you did using FOB folding option using an Arduino? do you have a diagram on how it works?

First you'll have to hack into both mirrors, find the folding wires, ill check if i have colors somewhere. You'll get 2 wires from each mirror (directly from the mirror not from the control). Than you connect the wires into a 2 relay arduino modaul (ill send you drawings if your still intrested) from there to the coded arduino. Also from the main door you will need 2 wires lock and unlock to trigger the arduino. Lots of work will be done but its worth it.

Yes, send me the drawings not I am good with wiring and my son is also brill at it.
I have a drawing that uses a few relays , but I would like to see a different version.

You can certainly use Seat Exeo modules, as has been mentioned here.

My car has this as standard, though I’m not sure this applies to all Seat Exeo, as mine is a late facelift.

You can certainly use Seat Exeo modules, as has been mentioned here.

My car has this as standard, though I’m not sure this applies to all Seat Exeo, as mine is a late facelift.
Do you have a part number? Its the door control module right?

I don’tave a part number, I’m afraid. I haven’t pulled any panels yet to see.

need 801e window modules, fitted 2 seat ones to my a4
same part numbers
have max written on them
old have min that wont work

You fitted the Seat ones but didnt work?
Sorry wasn't clear

Seat ones did work
Had 801f to start with (has min on them)
They didn't work
Fitted 801e n/s and o/s from exeo
(have max on them)
Work straight away with no coding needed

Top old
Bottom new

Attachments

• _20190412_190107.JPG
    _20190412_190107.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 590