2.5 Diesel

Scarabrae

Reaction score
My first Audi Cabriolet so nothing to really compare to. My car picks up nicely in terms of torque around 1.8-2k rpm. But feels a tad flat below that to be honest. I know it's not too scientific asking this really, but is that others observation? Has 145k on the clock with replacement turbo approx 35 k ago.

My first audi as well i also have a 2.5 180bhp quattro and feel a wall until around 2k, so i decided to buy a tuning box to hopefully iron out the flat spot.
Its a austrian company called kuberl, claims an extra 25hp + 40/50nm of torque cost £105 brand new (not in original box but it is new)
bought it off german ebay from a seller in hungary ... we'll see.

Dont want to throw £300 (350 euro) at a remap on a car with 320k KM just not worth it IMO and probably be able to flog it on once i had my fun with the car.

I'm gonna post a new thread on help with fitting it cos the instructions are barry white... well i kind of understand them 90% but they have me confused a but so keep an eye on the tread cos i think you will probably buy one as well.

so i'm an english guy living in lithuania, just crossed the border into belarus early this morning to fill the gas guzzler up 34 euros (£30) for a full tank
happy days..... and those belarussian border guard women ... OMG beautiful !!...... i nearly decided to bin our lass off and propose :)

The 2.5 is heavy more so if Quattro and not top in performance and are more high speed cruisers.Be careful with tuning boxes on these I have tried 2 and both failed after a few months due to the heat breaking down the wiring .The sudden loss of power can be hard to handle.Neither seemed to make a big difference anyway.

Check the air mass meter. Made a difference on my 2.5 quattro.
Cleaning the turbo made a difference also.

I did take pics and posted them on a guide on here. Not a difficult job but one that is very worth while doing.

My old A4 2.5 TDi Quattro Sport 180 came with a tuning chip physically fitted inside the ecu, so not sure about the process of fitting it tbh. But what I can vouch for is that only giving a modest extra 30bhp, to increase it to 210bhp, increases the overall drivability of the car tenfold. It gives enough low down torque so as to eliminate any flat spots, and allows it to accelerate reasonably spritely to quite a decent rev range.

I'm sure you'll start enjoying driving the car a lot more once completed :thumbs up:.

When working right they should pull from say 1750 rpm to 4k hard min makes peak torque at 3k and peak power shortly below 4k.
Premixing 2 stroke helps.
Also get the torque app and monitor MAF and Boost readings.

Cheers, LayerzA3. I'll take a look at the torque app, sounds useful.

Yeah, seems to come on about 1750 to 4k. I think it was partly down to me getting used to driving with a diesel, was up shifting far too early.