Door mirror cover issues.....

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Ok chaps, today's task was to swap over mirror covers, all went well for the drivers side but less well for passenger side.

One screw just snapped off in the cast housing, then the connections for the heating leads fell apart....not a good start.
Anyway covers all swapped refitted glass and all was good, noticed passenger side was a bit loose so decided to ping off the glass again to find out why, bit of fine adjustment sort it, fitted the unheating glass and then noticed a crack in the glass.....
Now a new glass is needed, well I needed it anyway as the heating terms had broken but the crack just added insult to injury.....:wtf:

What 's the best source other than TPS for a decent mirror glass chaps...

Not a good start to the day...:sob:

Id head to ebay and look for a used genuine item, if your a tight Yorkshireman like me, unless TPS do them for a reasonable price?

I had a look at fleabay for new ones( compatibles) and reviews seem to be varied on quality etc.
had a look on parts listing and there are more mirror option than you'd believe...

Upload 2019 1 27 14 45 51

that's just bonkers.
Anyway Alex, any ideas on TPS price for oem one , don't fancy a copy if its going to be an issue.

rob

I had a look at fleabay for new ones( compatibles) and reviews seem to be varied on quality etc.
had a look on parts listing and there are more mirror option than you'd believe...

View attachment 174506

that's just bonkers.
Anyway Alex, any ideas on TPS price for oem one , don't fancy a copy if its going to be an issue.

rob

I couldn't say Rob, knowing Audi genuine parts, think up a number and add 20!

What mirror glass do you have?

luckily its the basic version......now that's something..lol

just plain convex heated.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Well it wont be TPS then, £51.00 for the same part , I don't think so.....looks like a good used one now is needed.

Found an online source from germany, look to be ok and certified oem quality so will see what its like.

Hi Rob thought id post hear about the mirror glass these are the 2 ive use and wouldnt use again
Carparts4u-2013
Yourbestbuy2017
Those are the seller names
I belive i boutgh a whole wing mirror off gumtree for a tenner and cant see a third in my ebay.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ok thanks martin, I did see those sellers aswell and wasn't impressed by them.
Anyway , spent sometime trawling the interwebby and found an automotive supplier in germany that does what looks to be good quality kit, not far eastern stuff.
I'll report back with my result in a few days.

cheers chap..
rob

Reactions: martin1984
On a more positive note, the new covers look great, add's some contrast to a dark bus....also another few BHP extra ...lol

Reactions: martin1984
Yep, just giving the old bus a wash . Can't have shinny mirrors on dirty bus.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7