Dashcam Power Options

vimy

Reaction score
Hi, just became an owner of an S5 and looking to fit an existing dashcam (Blackvue 650) that I took out of my previous car.

Wanted to know how people with dashcams in the B9's are powering it, I'd like to have the parking mode recording function and not sure if it requires a Battery Back like my previous car did.

Any recommendations would be helpful.

I wired mine into the fuse panel in the passenger footwell.

Mine isn’t a blackvue one but Thinkware. The wiring I’m sure will be effectively the same.

Do you use some sort of voltage limiter? Or does your camera cut out when the ignition is off?

It has a built in voltage limiter (accessed by the app) which switches the cameras off if the battery voltage drops below xx volts

For a blackvue you'll probably need the powermagic pro...

Reactions: NevMan
I also have a blackvue 750 using a power magic pro. Very easy to wire to the fuse panel in the passenger footwell. There’s also a ground under a cover on the dash, hard to explain but when you open the door you will see it, it just pops off, and you can also feed the cable to the fuse box through here. I’m sure I watched a video of a team installing one on a A3 somewhere on YouTube.

Reactions: NevMan