key cutting/reprogramming

trekbiker

Reaction score
Just picked up my 1.9 tdi Q avant tonight, awesome. i've had 2wd 1.9 and 2wd 2.5, but this seems the best- i have a feeling its been remapped. Anyways....
I have bought an uncut key from ebay. can anyone else other than Audi reprogramme and cut the key? dont fancy paying extortionate charges

Ooooh, you might have trouble reprogramming the imobiliser part of the key. I did the same and audi cannot get the key to work. The blade has been cut and the buttons work to open and lock the doors, but it won't start the car. I need to get around to ordering the imobiliser part of the key from audi.

did you buy the car from a dealer?if so he owes you a second key
if not you are going to have to bite the bullet and get audi to supply and program a key
if you can find a good auto locksmith in your area it may be cheaper,but to be fair buying a blank from ebay is not the way to go:no:

had mine done via vag com off a friend. took 5 minutes max!:icon_thumright:

oneninet said:
did you buy the car from a dealer?if so he owes you a second key
if not you are going to have to bite the bullet and get audi to supply and program a key
if you can find a good auto locksmith in your area it may be cheaper,but to be fair buying a blank from ebay is not the way to go:no:

uncut key with fob was £15, thought this was reasonable??

my friend,he's on holiday at the moment,stoke on trent,staffordshire.

i bought a blank key from ebay ages ago i got the blade cut for free from vw i asked audi how much they charge to reprogram it they said around £40 but they would need the car for the day i still aint got around to doing it

bigblokey0 said:
i bought a blank key from ebay ages ago i got the blade cut for free from vw i asked audi how much they charge to reprogram it they said around £40 but they would need the car for the day i still aint got around to doing it

Is that including reprogramming of immobiliser BB?

The earlier write once 'static code' immobiliser capsules could be easily cloned by a competent auto locksmith or added with VAG-COM if you had the SKC.

Most Audis from around 99 onwards use a read/write 'rolling code' immob, which makes it much more difficult to add a key without the dealer, even if you have your 4/7 digit SKC.