Auto Dim Rear View Mirror Retrofit Advice

• Thread starter Pedrödelabongo
  • Start date
P

Pedrödelabongo

I want to retro fit one of these - anyone know if the wiring is present in all B7's and it's a plug n' play job?

I believe it involves extra wiring to be added. I came across a comprehensive retrofit guide on audizine the other day that may help. I think its an easy enough job though fella.

I believe it involves extra wiring to be added. I came across a comprehensive retrofit guide on audizine the other day that may help. I think its an easy enough job though fella.

Cheers, Alex - I'll look it up.

I read elsewhere that if you have auto dim interior mirror, you can fit door mirror dipping glass providing you have power fold mirrors. Ive just fitted power fold mirrors, and looking at the mirror internals there is an extra plug tucked away inside the case, which looks like the plug to support dipping glass. I cant be certain they would work but the odds look good

Hmmmm, it seems a bit fiddly for now, maybe a job for the future.

I have the paint to sort once spring has sprung, but getting little essential jobs at the moment.

You need a mirror from a B6 as the only dimming option on the B7 officially was rain sensor as well - which involves a new windscreen too and a lot more faff. The B6 one just dims and fits on the current windscreen bracket.

Reactions: Baka, Charlie Farley and Pedrödelabongo
that sounds just way too easy chap......great if it is.

There is a really good thread on here about retrofitting auto dim mirror, auto lights, ch/lh lights.

I did the retrofit with the rain/light sensor, the dimming option will only need 12v and ground, you can get the feed from light wires.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7