Centre Console MMI replacement help?

Jiggsy Jnr

Reaction score
Morning all!

I'm looking to replace the centre console control part on my Audi A3. (See attached photo, its the section that has been damaged on the left hand side)

Audi A3 (16)
S-tronic
S-Line
3 Door

I have damaged the veneer of the centre console, I have explored wrapping and plasti-dip but the feedback is that the look wont appear factory new. So, I have decided to buy another version from eBay and have it fitted.

My questions are:
1) can I just use the MMI console from any A3 8V vehicle? part number appears to be the same ( 8VO.919.614) *H . the last letter appears to change B,P etc. I'm not sure why. is this relevant

2) On some listings it states that its coded or not coded. If it's not coded will it just be a case of plug and play?

Thank you in advance for any input

Jigs

Attachments

• IMG_1389.jpg
    IMG_1389.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,519
Morning all!

I'm looking to replace the centre console control part on my Audi A3. (See attached photo, its the section that has been damaged on the left hand side)

Audi A3 (16)
S-tronic
S-Line
3 Door

I have damaged the veneer of the centre console, I have explored wrapping and plasti-dip but the feedback is that the look wont appear factory new. So, I have decided to buy another version from eBay and have it fitted.

My questions are:
1) can I just use the MMI console from any A3 8V vehicle? part number appears to be the same ( 8VO.919.614) *H . the last letter appears to change B,P etc. I'm not sure why. is this relevant

2) On some listings it states that its coded or not coded. If it's not coded will it just be a case of plug and play?

Thank you in advance for any input

Jigs
Pretty easy to change out, just need to make sure you unclip the chrome trim slowly as its easy to break. You should really by the same unit as you are looking to replace, ie same part number. There is no coding needed but part numbers refer to colours and labels etc etc

To remove you need to insert a trim tool either side in order to release the clips that hold it in. These are located parallel to the soft buttons. Once released you will be able to see how to remove the section you need. Mr Tim, past member here, has a good video:

Pretty easy to change out, just need to make sure you unclip the chrome trim slowly as its easy to break. You should really by the same unit as you are looking to replace, ie same part number. There is no coding needed but part numbers refer to colours and labels etc etc

To remove you need to insert a trim tool either side in order to release the clips that hold it in. These are located parallel to the soft buttons. Once released you will be able to see how to remove the section you need. Mr Tim, past member here, has a good video:

Very helpful thank you

The cheaper units tend to be different models to that of my vehicle. How do I tell which model number mine is without removing it?

Very helpful thank you

The cheaper units tend to be different models to that of my vehicle. How do I tell which model number mine is without removing it?
Cannot remember if the controls show up in a diagnostic software scan so best to call up an Audi parts suppler and give them your registration and ask for a replacement / original part number.