Hello from Nottingham

Adrian Roberts

Reaction score
just joined as I'm looking for some guidance around security initially.

I've owned two Audi's. A 2001 A3 1.8T, jumped ship to a Merc after that, but last year I bought a 2013 TFSI Q5. The A3 was sooooo much fun to drive and now I've got a family, the Q5 is perfect for us all.

The Q5 was stolen last month. It was thankfully recovered by the police and is currently undergoing £4000 (!!!!) worth of repair. but it's going to be odd having it back after someone's nicked it.

I've looked online at various security options, the police recommended going back to basics (steering lock) so just wondered if anyone can point me in the direction of threads they know of that'll give me some ideas....

Reactions: Audi Bairn and V6_Man
Reactions: V6_Man
Welcome to the forum buddy and this car theft is becoming a pain, no one can have a nice thing these days, what a shame! @Sandra is spot on with her suggestions, the old style steering lock offers really good visual deterrent. Below is a link to thread where some of these options were discussed in great detail. Hope it helps:

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/vehicle-thefts.383703/

Reactions: Sandra
Thanks both. I did have a stoplock steering lock for my first car 20 years ago. Back we go :icon thumright:

Reactions: Sandra
Welcome Adrian :thumbs up:

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, but hopefully we can help you going forward.