Audi A6 Saloon rear bumper removal for parking sensor

thisisnotme

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am trying to remove the rear bumper of an Audi A6 (C6) to be able to replace the rear parking sensors. I have read some threads of people doing it but I am stuck as I can't find the last nut/bolt/screw (if there is one).

I have done the following:
- Remove 3x torx screws from the wheel arch
- Remove 2x 10mm nuts from behind the rear/brake light which holds the top of the bumper in place.

I have managed to push the bumper back but its as if it is held by another screw around where the rear light ends (moving horizontally towards the number plate). Is this true? is there another screw/nut if so does anyone have any pictures of where it is or can you describe where it is? Thank you.

You have to pull the bumper on either side as it's also clipped in place as well.

You have to pull the bumper on either side as it's also clipped in place as well.

I have tried to pull the bumper, it feels like if I applied anymore force it will break. Do you think I have removed the correct number of screws/nuts? Thanks.

The corners are clipped in along the top edge. try spraying a lot of WD40 it will help to unclip the bumper

The corners are clipped in along the top edge. try spraying a lot of WD40 it will help to unclip the bumper
Hi thanks.

Yup I have got the corner off by undoing the clips but it won't come off after that. Like under the end of the rear light there is something holding it in place but I can't tell/see what.

You can easily remove the rear lamp and check it from there.

Haven't done it myself but would be curious to know, how the rear diffussor is held on to the bumper. Any screws or clips?
Would you be kind enough to check, please?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

This may help, though you may want to skip the first 2.5 minutes.....

This may help, though you may want to skip the first 2.5 minutes.....

Just an update, there is a bolt you have to undo which is below and in line with the nut you have to undo to take the rear light out. Thank you for everyones input.