Apr low pressure fuel pump and fprv

Darren Simpson

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Question time! If I fit an APR low pressure fuel pump and 175Bar fprv will I need to have my car mapped again?.

Thanks for the advice.

Cause I’m going to go for bigger turbo in the future, but I’m unsure if I buy them now is there anything stopping me having them fitted without mapping again?.

My understanding is the APR pump is a stand alone unit and will be fine without a tweak. However, that fprv is quite a high pressure version. Have you talked to your tuner about the total combination of parts required?
I was speaking to Nikki Gower a couple of weeks ago and he suggested RS3 injectors with the AKS head mod would allow the car to run with only an RS4 valve which runs at a lower pressure in combination with a TTE 480.

I have the RS4 valve currently, I wanting to go stage 3 as they call it with bigger turbo but want to start building the car now with what’s needed that doesn’t required to be mapped again by r-tech.

Looking for a list of what they want hardware wise fitted to the car and what I can fit prior to needing mapped, whatever is outstanding I would like to have fitted just before the map and trailer the car there for tuning.

When I asked about which lpfp, Nikki said TTRS/RS3