S3 tyres

I think Pirelli P-Zero's or Continental Premium Contact 6's are generally fitted now. Conti's are not great. Most people are currently putting on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy3's when it comes time to change.

Reactions: Kayobong
On my three door hatch I got Hankook Ventus S1 which I thought were OK until I just recently fitted four Michelin PS4.
Now I realise the Hankooks were great for economy but not good for handling and cornering grip.

I think Pirelli P-Zero's or Continental Premium Contact 6's are generally fitted now. Conti's are not great. Most people are currently putting on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy3's when it comes time to change.
I differ I liked the Conti’s wouldn't be daft enough to pay the extra for hyped up French rubber, I stick with what Audi put on the car even with there poor wear rate.
Besides the point. A S3 sportback can come fitted with Pirelli,Dunlop,hankook, continental tyres

Reactions: Mark_86
Mine came with Continentals, currently got Michelin PS4 (Michelin do not do the PS4S in 18inch) and will go Goodyear next. The Michelin are very good in all conditions other than hot sunny days.

Tyres are very subjective. Most drivers only replace their tyres when they are worn and yes there will be a difference in performance from your old tyres which had lost grip and were noisy to a brand new set. the only way to really check the performance of tyre is to put on say 4 new identical size tyres from each manufacturer you test on YOUR car. Most magazine tests for cars are done on smaller rims,widths and higher profiles than YOUR car and could be FWD, RWD or unlikely AWD test cars. All leading to very subjective reviews.

Reactions: Ron240 and Jassyo06
I agree, the tyre choice is very subjective. I never liked the Conti's because I felt the compound was too hard, so it tended to promote the lack of steering feel the S3 has. I then popped on a set of PS4's and these were much better for feel and overall grip was also better - the Conti's still had about 4mm on each wheel when I replaced them. The Goodyears I've got now are not quite as good for feel, grip is a bit lower but they are quieter on the motorway.

PS4's are the best I've had on it, but they're also the most expensive and I couldn't justify spending the extra over the Goodyears this time around.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I agree, the tyre choice is very subjective. I never liked the Conti's because I felt the compound was too hard, so it tended to promote the lack of steering feel the S3 has. I then popped on a set of PS4's and these were much better for feel and overall grip was also better - the Conti's still had about 4mm on each wheel when I replaced them. The Goodyears I've got now are not quite as good for feel, grip is a bit lower but they are quieter on the motorway.

PS4's are the best I've had on it, but they're also the most expensive and I couldn't justify spending the extra over the Goodyears this time around.

My Mrs has ps4s on the wee fiesta mate and its just done 10k miles and look as if theyll be needing replaced very soon, they give the fiesta a firm ride indeed but not as harsh as the S3's

My Mrs has ps4s on the wee fiesta mate and its just done 10k miles and look as if theyll be needing replaced very soon, they give the fiesta a firm ride indeed but not as harsh as the S3's

Yeah they don't last as long, I assume because it's a softer compound which explains the better grip they give. Think mine lasted about 14-15k.

Reactions: Jassyo06

Goodyears are a recommendation of mine since switching from continentals

Goodyears are a recommendation of mine since switching from continentals

+1

Got these on the back and honestly can't fault them . Will be replacing the Contis on the front with these too when they are worn down.

Reactions: Kayobong and Mark_86