Votes: 16 41.0%

Votes: 11 28.2%

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
been looking at new alloys, managed to narrow it down to 3 but for the life of me cannot choose !!

Car colour is Daytona gray s line currently on 18 alloys

On a side note I’ve been offered a genuine set of photo number 2 for 300 quid. Brand new ( show room alloys ) there genuine alloys from a showroom in cumbria so I can go across to view them before buying as I only live 1 hour away. But there 18 inch and I don’t know if they would do the car as much justice as 19s would.

I’ve named them 1 2 and 3 as I don’t know the official names of them lol. Sorry

Thanks

D01DE825 BADC 49C6 8248 3210F41D122F

353E080D 9EC6 47AD A0C9 05988332DB06

A178DB51 9908 49C4 B7E8 42408D33B48B

Reactions: tuningman73
I prefer the first ones. But that is a great price for the second ones!

Reactions: loftylad
Can I offer number 4 ? 5 arm wing design alloy. :whistle2:

5 arm wing

Reactions: tuningman73, davc, RossN14 and 3 others
Well if you don’t want them. I would be more than happy to get them for that price

I’ll pm you if I don’t take them. Might just get them for spares for that price

Reactions: Dave_Sellers and loftylad
I think no. 1 is the way to go for 19’s however I’m buying you a pint if you don’t get the no.2 to buy them myself.

I’d certainly stick to 19’s. My car has No. 2’s and I really like them, but I’d opt for No. 3 personally.
Much of it is down to personal taste, and it’s you who has to look at them daily :thumbs up:

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, Jassyo06 and oli356
I’d certainly stick to 19’s. My car has No. 2’s and I really like them, but I’d opt for No. 3 personally.
Much of it is down to personal taste, and it’s you who has to look at them daily :thumbs up:

I’d be happy with all 3 tbh. Wish I could afford all them to change them every 4 months lol I’m sure the other half would murder me if I was to do that haha

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Number 1s are the best, but very hard to get hold of?

Are you sure about the price on number 2 and the fact they’re genuine? Is the seller reputable? I have kerbed my ones, so can do do with swapping the set out.

I’ll buy a couple off ya if you want buy them yourself as spares.

Where can you even get second ones New? I cant find anything on the Audi site.

#1 in 19's are tops. #2 in 18 I had on my S3 and that design makes 18 look small. I now have OEM RS3 Rotors which I love. If you're going to the trouble of changing you'll regret not getting 19's.

Number 1s are the best, but very hard to get hold of?

Are you sure about the price on number 2 and the fact they’re genuine? Is the seller reputable? I have kerbed my ones, so can do do with swapping the set out.

I’ll buy a couple off ya if you want buy them yourself as spares.

The seller owns a alloy shop. They’ve been display alloys. He states there genuine, don’t know if he means genuine Audi or not. I shall ask him today. Hes asking 460 with tyres but the tyres are budget tyres that are 46 each from national tyres so I asked him to knock 40 quid off each a tyre.

The seller owns a alloy shop. They’ve been display alloys. He states there genuine, don’t know if he means genuine Audi or not. I shall ask him today. Hes asking 460 with tyres but the tyres are budget tyres that are 46 each from national tyres so I asked him to knock 40 quid off each a tyre.

Thanks very much doubt they are genuine at that price.

No 3 are only fitted to the TT/TTS so if they haven't been taken off from one they are replicas

I prefer the 1's too, and they look like they may be easier to clean which is a bonus. 19's will give a harder ride over the 18's, perhaps, which might be something to consider too?

Where can you even get second ones New? I cant find anything on the Audi site.

Your local dealer or TPS. They won’t list individual parts on their website, as the are just too much too list.

Thanks very much doubt they are genuine at that price.

There probably genuine after markets mate. I’ve messaged him for pictures of the insides. It should have part numbers on the inside shouldn’t it ??

No 3 are only fitted to the TT/TTS so if they haven't been taken off from one they are replicas

If I was to get number 3 they would be replicas from skidz in Falkirk.

I prefer the 1's too, and they look like they may be easier to clean which is a bonus. 19's will give a harder ride over the 18's, perhaps, which might be something to consider too?

I agree they will be slightly harder ride wise but I wouldn’t have thought they would make a massive difference. I do a lot of motorway driving to and from work anyways. So avoid most of the pot hole filled roads

There probably genuine after markets mate. I’ve messaged him for pictures of the insides. It should have part numbers on the inside shouldn’t it ??

If I was to get number 3 they would be replicas from skidz in Falkirk.

I agree they will be slightly harder ride wise but I wouldn’t have thought they would make a massive difference. I do a lot of motorway driving to and from work anyways. So avoid most of the pot hole filled roads

Genuine ones will have the Audi stamp on the inside.

Tyre noise may also be a fraction worse on 19" vs 18" rims

19s, no extra tyre noise if you get good tyres. (235/35/19) but for 300£ for genuine S3s youd be mad to not buy, infact if you don't I will and double my money, Worth more on the market than any 19" replicas anyday. but #2, sell#2 then get #3

Number 1 in a 19 inch variant on my sepang blue rs3
F197AA07 14F9 4531 963D B80702C7E3E8

Reactions: tuningman73, Jimbob76, Toonsoldier91 and 3 others
I really want a set of option 1 but they never seem to come up for sale anywhere

Got to say this but Option 1 are the cheapest looking alloy wheel design ever fitted to a S3...l would rather have them Reps before them

***** photo....of a very attractive alloy design but besides these go for way more dosh used than most other Audi alloys which in general are guff looking
View attachment 176505
Those gold discs must cost a fortune bud :whistle2:

I have to say, the S3 discs do seem to turn gold in the rain or post-wash quicker than any of my previous cars for some reason

Reactions: tuningman73, Ron240, loftylad and 1 other person
Those gold discs must cost a fortune bud :whistle2:

I have to say, the S3 discs do seem to turn gold in the rain or post-wash quicker than any of my previous cars for some reason

That's Why l Am a Gold Member on here....
Goldmember

Reactions: AlS3BE, Ron240 and Audi Bairn
Nice car mate...you keep it looking swell....but *** get them rotors back on asap ....lol
Cheers mate corrected most of the swirls last year with Meguiars d300 topped with cqaurtz uk version 2. Apply P&S bead maker as a topper after each wash. Carbon collective coating on both sets of alloys.

Reactions: Jassyo06
***** photo....of a very attractive alloy design but besides these go for way more dosh used than most other Audi alloys which in general are guff looking
View attachment 176505

To me, these look like 2.0i TDI alloys. When these first came out as an option on the S3, the saleswoman took it upon herself to tick the option box, even though I said I wanted the standard wheels. Luckily I spotted it on the order confirmation, and told her very politely but firmly, to get them off my F**king car. If these had been on my car on collection day, I would have rejected.

They have grown on me over the years, as I've seen a few S3's with them on. But don't look special enough to be on an S3. Personal opinion of course.