Retro fit headlight washers

Mike Feldman

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello,

I’m curious if anyone has retrofit any headlamp sprayers. They never offered it on a e-tron US spec. I am curious what all I would need to get those added to my car. Do i need pumps? Tanks? Hosing? Electrics?

There is a fair amount of integration for headlamp washers. There is a second electric pump at the windscreen washer reservoir, hoses to the bumper, anti-drainback valves and the L&R sprayer units. You will also need a new bumper with the washer openings if your current bumper doesn't have them, plus the washer caps. The washers are also controlled by the BCM which activates them every 5 windscreen wiper activation.

Just curious why you want them fitted?
I’ve had them on a few Audi’s and they don’t really clean the headlights well other than maybe shifting some of the bigger bits of dirt. Basically I found them to be just a waste of screanwash. They overspray from the washers gets all over the bonnet and front of car and leaves streaks and marks everywhere.
It could be just me though.

The climate where I live would warrant it when it gets super dusty. We have major dust storms and such here.

Would it not make it worse? You are giving the dust/sand a medium to stick to by spraying it with water/screenwash.
At least that’s my experience with the salt and everything that’s on the ground over here in the winter.