Interested in dashcam: Does Audi do one they can fit?

If you want 4K and cloud connectivity grab a Blackvue system. If you just want a HD system which is set and forget get a thinkware F770 or 800/800pro. The Audi offering is not great value and prone to issues. I recommend thinkware. They do what they say on the box, are nice and small and have great parking modes. Been running them in my own cars for a few years now.
.......Alix,i've had a Blackvue 750s fitted for a few weeks now but for the life of me can't get to view the recording on my phone?. Ive got the app etc s,caned the bar code & enterd the password on my camera but still can't get it to work? My phone is a Samsung S9 & my car is a 2018 SQ5 Any advice on where i'm going wrong please?. Camera is hard wired into the car.

.......Alix,i've had a Blackvue 750s fitted for a few weeks now but for the life of me can't get to view the recording on my phone?. Ive got the app etc s,caned the bar code & enterd the password on my camera but still can't get it to work? My phone is a Samsung S9 & my car is a 2018 SQ5 Any advice on where i'm going wrong please?. Camera is hard wired into the car.
Not sure on this one to be honest. The way most dashcams work is you need to turn its Wi-Fi on and then connect your phone to the cameras hotspot. Once connected you exit out of your phones settings app and open the dashcam app, hit connect and away you go.

If you have done the above then I would suggest there could be an app issue or maybe a phone compatibility issue.

Reactions: RS3 S.
Their assertion.....Audi's new UTR unit costs a fortune and we make more money and we try to scare you into buying it
Just an update on this. I have agreed a price with the dealer to fit the wiring for a front and rear Nextbase camera system at the same time as fitting a Tracker. They've assured me the wiring will be hidden and the work warrantied. They cost a bit more than Halfords for fitting but should get a decent job done.

I can't view recordings on my phone either, S9+. I can connect to the camera, but no live view or anything.
..........well i got my son who works in I.T & he has sorted it for me. Not shure what he did but at first got it working on his iphone(much easier than my S9) but with a bit of trying i can see the clips now on mine.

Not shure what he did but at first got it working on his iphone(much easier than my S9)
Yeah Alex had it working on his iPhone when set up, will muck about with it at the weekend probably and try and get it working.

Yeah Alex had it working on his iPhone when set up, will muck about with it at the weekend probably and try and get it working.

Probably something to do with a codec or the equivalent of a codec on the android phones.
This is why I stick with all apple gear for the business. They just work(well most of the time):wink:

Probably something to do with a codec or the equivalent of a codec on the android phones.
Maybe, used to have a second phone (iPhone) for work but soon got bored and tired of having two phones, so dual sim was the way forward for me. Will still try this weekend, far from a hardship if I can't get it to work.

Maybe, used to have a second phone (iPhone) for work but soon got bored and tired of having two phones, so dual sim was the way forward for me. Will still try this weekend, far from a hardship if I can't get it to work.
Dual sim in the iPhone XS :icon thumright:

Dual sim in the iPhone XS :icon thumright:
Not a huge fan of the iOS software personally but not the sort of person that has a go at others for their choice, plus pay a lot less a month for my S9+

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: AlS3BE
Not a huge fan of the iOS software personally but not the sort of person that has a go at others for their choice, plus pay a lot less a month for my S9+

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mainly warranty and customer services I get from apple that makes me go back. It’s second to none. Had a 5 year old macbook showing errors well out of warranty. They took it in and fixed it for free and said it shouldn’t do that regardless of age. Repair was in the region £600
if only Audi was like that:wink:

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and Ormesome