Wheel bolt to wheel stud conversion??

PaddyMcpadington

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has converted the wheel bolts to a stud attachment on the Audi a3 8v
Are there any downsides or dangers to doing this?

Im thinking of this because I can't seem to find many aftermarket bolts which look cool lol

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

Why not just use some covers for the bolts?

If you want studs buy Japanese and get out! :whistle2::friends:

Why not just use some covers for the bolts?

If you want studs buy Japanese and get out! :whistle2::friends:
Because theres nothing that will cover the wheel locking nut I've got on each wheel. I ain't having 4/5 bolts covered.
Nothing wrong with Japanese, good cars. I'm pretty sure some Ford's use stud's as well

Because theres nothing that will cover the wheel locking nut I've got on each wheel. I ain't having 4/5 bolts covered.
Nothing wrong with Japanese, good cars. I'm pretty sure some Ford's use stud's as well

Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just source some locking bolts which can be covered? (If such bolts exists???)

No, nothing wrong with Japanese, or American cars for that matter, the only problem is that they aren't German!

44395341 a cartoon illustration of a german man in lederhosen looking sad

Reactions: Sandra
What is wrong with the Audi locking nuts, they make covers for them.

What is wrong with the Audi locking nuts, they make covers for them.

Don’t work with aftermarket wheels.
Oe wheels uses a round/ball like bolt. Aftermarket wheels uses concave bolts normally at 45degrees.
It’s surprisingly like this with a lot of car manufacturers. Had problems with aftermarket wheels before on other cars using oe bolts with aftermarket wheels. That’s why I went with oe winter wheels at almost double the price of aftermarket