Had new A5 spoiler painted and.....

JDM82

Reaction score
I’m not sure what to do.......

I bought a genuine A5 boot spoiler from Audi. It came primed ready to paint. A bodyshop near to were I work quoted me £75 to paint. It seemed too cheap but the place has good reviews on google so I had it done. I collected the spoiler today and it looked ok until I got it home and cleaned the dust off. It’s not a bad job but it’s not great. A few minor imperfections and very light marks from were rough hands has handled it.
I know for £75 what did I expect. I just don’t know if I wanna just put it on the car and except it or get it redone.
My car is far from flawless but I do machine polish and detail it correctly so a imperfect spoiler is a issue for me.
Do I put it on my car and it is what is or do I spend another £200 plus and have it redone at a hopefully better bodyshop?

I’ve tried taking photos but it’s very difficult to show the swirls in the photos. With it being black it just shines.

If you fit it you will regret it later. Get it done properly, fit and concentrate on the rest of the paint.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes take it back and get it redone , If you paid by credit card you can claim off that .

Yes take it back and get it redone , If you paid by credit card you can claim off that .
No he can't. The transaction has to be for a minimum of £100 to qualify for protection under S75 of the Consumer Credit Act.

Reactions: CHEZ
I paid cash anyway. I’m still undecided what to do. My friend thinks it’s fine but I am a perfectionist. I’m thinking I could do some correction work once it’s fitted. I may take it to a local bodyshop and ask there opinion and if they could improve the finish