Which BCM is the "highline" version? (adding heated seats)

forty3

Reaction score
After lots of looking around on Google it seems as though a "highline BCM" is required for heated seats.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find out what a "highline BCM" actually is as there are so many different revisions.

The part number is 8K0907063 but need to know which last letter (or letters) is required. P seems to be the last revision but any of those for sale seem to be expensive.

I have a facelift S4 if this helps.

Thanks in advance.

I started on this but gave up in end mostly due to being too busy, however here are a few links for you;

A5/S5/RS5 wireloom to retrofit heated seats

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...m/forums/showthread.php?t=167524&share_type=t

Auto HVAC / Heater Control Unit Swap

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...Heater-Control-Unit-Swap.316632/&share_type=t

Good luck and keep this thread updated with your progress for the benefit of others ;)

Btw, I have a facelift HVAC panel from a RHD 2013 Q5 that supports heated seats, 3-zone and NAVI that I have no use for in case of interest to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for taking the time to reply (with links) .

I've bought the wiring and a climate panel from ebay and now just need the correct bcm before having a go.

I'm retrofitting b9 seats so there's no guarantee it'll work even with the right modules etc. but I want to give it a go - driving home cold after a nightshift sucks!

In theory it should work as there isn’t much to it, you just need to study factory wiring for you car and for a b9 which I noticed you have requested via another thread.

Good luck in your quest, keep us updated as I’m sure many others would be interested :)

Oh and btw, if I remember correctly, a new BCM from Audi doesn’t cost much more than a used one from eBay and would avoid having to pay them for component protection removal if you have them fit it for you ;)

A new BCM is around £400 so will definitely be looking on ebay.

Going to call the dealers this week with reg no of a car that has the right spec and see if I can get a part number out of them.

I've got wiring diagrams for both sets of seats so won't be too difficult to modify the wiring to suit my car

Called Audi and they were very helpful but weren't able to get the info I needed. Their system said to get the part number off the vehicle using VagCom. Doh!

A S4 owners group member on Facebook has come to the rescue and done a scan of her car to check the part number. On this basis I've ordered a 8KO907063DH. I'll update this thread once it's fitted.

Btw, I have a facelift HVAC panel from a RHD 2013 Q5 that supports heated seats, 3-zone and NAVI that I have no use for in case of interest to you

The unit I bought on Ebay is from a car that has been involved in an accident so is basically a paperweight - see image

Are you able to check that your unit isn't effected in the same way?

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 470
The unit I bought on Ebay is from a car that has been involved in an accident so is basically a paperweight - see image

Are you able to check that your unit isn't effected in the same way?

Unfortunately unless I plug it in I have no way of checking, but the seller I bought it from said it was working and removed from a working vehicle.

Tbh I am surprised that this can’t be reset, it would seem silly that all parts are unusable after an accident, did you ask the dealers?

Anyway, I can sell you my one if you’re interested?

Unfortunately unless I plug it in I have no way of checking, but the seller I bought it from said it was working and removed from a working vehicle.

Tbh I am surprised that this can’t be reset, it would seem silly that all parts are unusable after an accident, did you ask the dealers?

Anyway, I can sell you my one if you’re interested?

Apparently you can re-flash most electronic units with new firmware to sort out the crash signal problem but the firmware for this unit isn't available on Erwin for some reason. Have just returned another unit from Ebay for the same fault even though it was listed as tested and working. Getting fed up now.

Did you get a part nunber for the highline bcm after??

I've fitted b9 supersport heated electric seats and control panel, all wired in and working except the bcm to tell the seats to switch on heat.