Vagcom suddenly stopped working

pilla

Reaction score
Good morning, My airbag light came on today and i have tried to read the codes with two seperate versions of vagcom i have, an old 409 version and vcds lite, on two seperate computers, the older version recognises the port but will not talk to the vehicle, the newer version gets nothing, its strange because they were working only yesterday, I tried a cheap obd reader in the port and that can read the codes and get the little clicks going behind the dashboard, but my vagcoms wont, could this be anything to do with the airbag light ?

Thanks in advance.

This happened to me and it was a result of a windows upgrade.

Does it see the car at all? Any modules?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pilla
No, one version will not see anything in any of the 4 ports, the other version will recognise the interface on port 3, but will fail to connect to the vehicle, its just with the airbag light coming on that day and this happening, i fear somehow they may be connected (If thats possible)

i will look into the windows upgrade possibility on my laptop now, as it may have updated yesterday evening iirc.

Edit: there was two updates to my laptop yesterday which i have unistalled, i tried again with the car but its still the same, so its not the laptop i dont think.

Last edited:
Try the version that recognised the interface and then connect it with the car running. May be the battery isn’t fully charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you need to check device manager, and see what COM port number the USB device has assigned itself. Sometimes it will get a number >4, and you have to go into advanced properties and move it back down.
Sticking to the same USB port on the laptop tends to stop the number changing.

Reactions: pilla
Hello, that was the issue, for some reason, it had changed from the port # it had always been used on, dont know why, after all this time. All sorted now. Thanks.

Reactions: mojocvh