Tyre fitters

AlS3BE

Reaction score
Any recommendations for tyre fitter in Edinburgh area? Ideally city centre so I can get it sorted at lunchtime
Needing a a new tyre for my summers as there’s a nail in one of them. The wheel is new as well so don’t want to take it somewhere where they could scratch or damage my new wheel.
Cheers

Reactions: Dunedin and JonnyS3
Can’t help you but will watch with interest as may need them sometime.

On pistonheads lots of folk recommended car craft at Broxburn for tyres / alignment.

Sorry not much more help.

It's a lottery mate national tyres scratched my alloy only noticed it once l got but l managed to machine polish it out well 90% just don't travel in bad weather to get yer tyres fitted

It's a lottery mate national tyres scratched my alloy only noticed it once l got but l managed to machine polish it out well 90% just don't travel in bad weather to get yer tyres fitted

Good thing the wheel isn’t on the car and it’s had a good scrub and wheel sealant applied so looks brand new. Considering the wheel and tyre has only done 60-70 miles. If it comes back in any other condition there will be no prisoners :wink:

@jassyo06 you seem to have been through the pain of Pirelli tyres and their variations.
I’m looking at ao tyres and 2 comes up. One with SC and one without. As far as I can see sc stands for sport car.
What is difference? How do you tell if my originals have sc?

It seems like a minefield when trying to order the same Pirelli P Zero tyres that the car comes with.
Tyre retailers advertise AO fitment but don't sate(that I've seen) the all important "1" after it that is stamped on my tyres.
Also the RO fitment is advertised....and all these tyres are said to be Audi specific.
As far as I'm concerned, if I am replacing with P Zero then I would be making sure it was AO1 or nothing......that way I would be sure of the large rim protector.

While on the subject of tyre fitting, fear of damage to my wheels is a very real concern.
Can nobody be trusted to do a proper job nowadays. :frowning:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and AlS3BE
@jassyo06 you seem to have been through the pain of Pirelli tyres and their variations.
I’m looking at ao tyres and 2 comes up. One with SC and one without. As far as I can see sc stands for sport car.
What is difference? How do you tell if my originals have sc?
Forget any lettering on sites, bar A01
A0"s are a totally different tyre from A01"s as l have A0 fitted to the fronts at the moment
A01 are the tyres you got with car don't buy any other tyre designation unless it's intentional

Reactions: AlS3BE
Forget any lettering on sites, bar A01
A0"s are a totally different tyre from A01"s as l have A0 fitted to the fronts at the moment
A01 are the tyres you got with car don't buy any other tyre designation unless it's intentional

This is getting more confusing now.
The ones on my car just has AO not AO1.
Upload 2019 3 7 14 18 39

Sorry not the best pic but one I dug up from my accident.

It seems like a minefield when trying to order the same Pirelli P Zero tyres that the car comes with.
Tyre retailers advertise AO fitment but don't sate(that I've seen) the all important "1" after it that is stamped on my tyres.
Also the RO fitment is advertised....and all these tyres are said to be Audi specific.
As far as I'm concerned, if I am replacing with P Zero then I would be making sure it was AO1 or nothing......that way I would be sure of the large rim protector.

While on the subject of tyre fitting, fear of damage to my wheels is a very real concern.
Can nobody be trusted to do a proper job nowadays. :frowning:
As l previously said on another thread mate RO Pirelli pzero is a Mercedes fitment with absolutely no rim protection these where fitted the first time around

Yer not kidding mate.. Strange that's the tyres l have on the fronts fitted in January

Maybe a little mystery solved(I hope) after some digging in multiple car tyre websites.
A01 isn’t available in 18s just 19s.
18s only have AO as far as I could find. Well no one seems to sell ao1.
So now what’s the mystery is between SC and non SC.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I would try your local Audi service department for the tyres mate sure they wouldn't **** up yer alloys

I would try your local Audi service department for the tyres mate sure they wouldn't **** up yer alloys

You would think. Last time I got a set of tyres from a dealer they didn’t scratch the alloy face but the ejits must have rattle off the wheel bolts with an air gun or used a dirty socket but they managed to scored the inside of the hole/bore where the bolt goes in all 4 wheels in almost all the holes. Saying that it was almost 5 years ago so they might be better.
Edinburgh Audi is closest to work but it’s also the wrong side of town to me so not gonna make it there and back during lunch.

I have been using Steven at City Mobile Tyres in Edinburgh for over 15 years as have family and friends and have had nothing but perfection from him - and he will come out to you which is handy when you're stuck at work. He is also very much into cars and has never left a mark on any wheels he has changed the tyres on (which includes Audi S3's, BMW M4 etc), so I'd highly recommend him.
https://www.citymobiletyres.com

Reactions: AlS3BE, Jassyo06 and Ron240
Maybe a little mystery solved(I hope) after some digging in multiple car tyre websites.
Need to replace my rears shortly and my saloon with 19’s currently have AO’s fitted all round which is what I was going to get and have a large rim protector!

I need to get 225/40/R18 for my summer alloys. Are you guys saying that the AO fitment doesn't have the massive rim protector of the AO1........

Quite like the look too

I need to get 225/40/R18 for my summer alloys. Are you guys saying that the AO fitment doesn't have the massive rim protector of the AO1........

Quite like the look too
My ao has a massive rim protector so trying to make sure I get the same replacement.
Upload 2019 3 7 22 12 8

The A0 rim protection is roughly 3 mm less than on the A01"s
The A0 also has a taller sidewall totally different tyre design altogether to be honest

looked up the tyre rack USA website which is a very good supplier of tyres
The AO1 designation is for a Pirelli P Zero with a PZ4 designation which is Pirelli"s newest tyre design for the P zero
AO is the older tyre design and my 2o17 S3 was factory shod with those

PZ4 design AO1
pi_pzero_pz4_sr190.jpg

AO older design
pi_pzero_sr190.jpg

Reactions: Ron240
Brilliant thanks the PZ4 doesn't get as good reviews as the original .... which helps as I can't find the AO1 in 225/40/18........

Just a quick update on this thread
Got my tyre fitted at DH automotive in Falkirk while it was in with Alex.
Great service. Wheel has came back unscathed so highly recommend. Was about a tenner or so more expensive than black circles but for the convenience and no damage it was worth it to me.
Great banter from the guys there as well :icon thumright: they do like their Audi’s there.

Reactions: Sandra, andy.h and Jassyo06
Just a quick update on this thread
Got my tyre fitted at DH automotive in Falkirk while it was in with Alex.
Great service. Wheel has came back unscathed so highly recommend. Was about a tenner or so more expensive than black circles but for the convenience and no damage it was worth it to me.
Great banter from the guys there as well :icon thumright: they do like their Audi’s there.
Did you buy the tyres from them mate

Did you buy the tyres from them mate
Yeah. Gave Dave a call and he arranged it all for when I was booked in with Alex for reverse camera and dash cam. Got the right tyre as well. We all know the 1001 variations of the pzero so all good.

Good to know. Would also be interested whether they sourced tyres for you did you get them sent to Dave?

Reactions: Sandra
Yeah. Gave Dave a call and he arranged it all for when I was booked in with Alex for reverse camera and dash cam. Got the right tyre as well. We all know the 1001 variations of the pzero so all good.
I'll check them out going to buy 2 tyres for the rears

Good to know. Would also be interested whether they sourced tyres for you did you get them sent to Dave?

Dave sorted it all out, quick call and told him this is what I need and that was it. I just turned up with the wheel in the boot which made it a bit easier as I’m still running the winters.

I'll check them out going to buy 2 tyres for the rears

Worth a shot if they aren’t far from you. They are about 20-25 minutes from me so not far out the way if I need anything else in the future.

Can anyone recommend a tyre fitter who won't scratch/damage wheels whilst changing low profile tyres in the Surrey area?

Many thanks.