Facelift Re-finish standard Alloys to Diamond cut?

Spinstorm

Reaction score
I have booked my car into posh wash for this week coming to get the standard non-diamond cut alloys re-furbed to look like the diamond cut wheels option.

Its £95 +VAT per wheel - so £456. They told me they can do it in 24hours approximately if I drop it first thing in the morning.

I have some questions:

What colour would you guys recommend for the wheels? The titanium or black finish? (My car is Ara with Alu Pack).

I know someone had this done to their wheels - but can't track down the thread!

I have booked my car into posh wash for this week coming to get the standard non-diamond cut alloys re-furbed to look like the diamond cut wheels option.

Its £95 +VAT per wheel - so £456. They told me they can do it in 24hours approximately if I drop it first thing in the morning.

I have some questions:

What colour would you guys recommend for the wheels? The titanium or black finish? (My car is Ara with Alu Pack).

I know someone had this done to their wheels - but can't track down the thread!
I’d go with titanium if you have alu styling pack.

Reactions: NevMan and Sn00ten
I originally thought titanium but I am thinking black makes the alloys look sharper.

Anyone got a saloon in blue like me with either of the colours and an opinion?

20190207 155729 1280x960
20190117 151746 1209x1612

My mythos with alu pack and ti staggerd factory wheels and ti winters.
Personally I like the look more than black which to my eye appears too glossy for a wheel. As ever with aesthetics, go with what floats your boat. I appear to be in the minority tho as most with a black car also went with black wheels it seems...

Reactions: NevMan
There is a guy over on RS246 who used someone called posh wash. They re-cut his wheels 3 times and now can't do them anymore and are refusing to do anything about it. I will see if I can find the post ad see if it is the same company.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

There is a guy over on RS246 who used someone called posh wash. They re-cut his wheels 3 times and now can't do them anymore and are refusing to do anything about it. I will see if I can find the post ad see if it is the same company.

I imagine it probably is - if you can find the thread that would be helpful. Thanks.

I originally thought titanium but I am thinking black makes the alloys look sharper.

I have an Ara blue saloon with diamond cut black wheels but the black styling pack, not the aluminium. Personally, I think the black works for the black pack and the titanium for the alu pack. I'm thinking of getting aftermarket all black wheels when it's time for a tyre change...

Clean 2
Clean 3

Reactions: D0C
Through personal experience, ax gt, rotors on my A5 that were absolutely pampered.
No curbing whatsoever and removed for winters around about October and refitted March, sealed twice a year and never used any wheel cleaner.
I can honestly say I will never own a set of wheels with a diamond cut finish again.
Once the white worm sets in, and it will, the finish is ruined.
All it takes is a stone chip to penetrate the laquer and that's the point of entry for water ingress, then ultimately no matter how well you seal them with wax and such, white worm will appear..
They do look nice and sparkley yes, but it's very short lived.
Just my 2p worth through experience.

Reactions: NevMan, Thundercliffe81, teslaboy and 1 other person
It was me that had it done to my original wheels mate, original thread is here.

Totally recommend it. I had them done in a gloss black finish to get them as close to the optional wheels as I could.

Reactions: NevMan and Thundercliffe81
@Callump01 thanks! I even posted in the thread.

I’m leaning towards black right now as I’m thinking it shows dirt less and it’s harder to make a mess of. Titanium finish could be done in the wrong colour if they don’t have a colour match.

Black would be easy. Even with my Alu pack.

Reactions: Callump01
I think black would get my vote... the black on diamond cut finish makes them “pop” a lot more :icon thumright:

Could you not get the Audi Sport decals make in a 3D gel finish and stuck on afterwards, I know it’s not OEM but would look just as good I recon. Just something subtly different for those that notice!

I dropped my car at posh wash earlier so we will see how it looks tomorrow.

Another benefit of this re-finish is that all my alloys are pretty banged up and dirty after a year so they will all get repaired and cleaned. And I think the black inside will show dirt much less. (On the negative side I will probably kerb it right away and it will be another year before I get them repaired lol).

I also got some decals from http://www.brakecaliperdecals.co.uk/Audi-Decals/Audi-Sport-Wheel-Stickers-Decals in white. I know the actual ones are grey but white would look better to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: teslaboy
I dropped my car at posh wash earlier so we will see how it looks tomorrow.

Another benefit of this re-finish is that all my alloys are pretty banged up and dirty after a year so they will all get repaired and cleaned. And I think the black inside will show dirt much less. (On the negative side I will probably kerb it right away and it will be another year before I get them repaired lol).

I also got some decals from http://www.brakecaliperdecals.co.uk/Audi-Decals/Audi-Sport-Wheel-Stickers-Decals in white. I know the actual ones are grey but white would look better to me.

Keep us updated on how they look :icon thumright:

Thanks for the link mate, I've been looking for ages. Going to order some now!

@Thundercliffe81 can you remember the post about the guy that had his wheels done 3 times badly?

I think so yeah. Recent? Mine have just been refinished by Audi back to factory titanium 'colour'. Only God knows how many cuts that is now. But looking forward to getting it bsck.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

It was me that had it done to my original wheels mate, original thread is here.

Totally recommend it. I had them done in a gloss black finish to get them as close to the optional wheels as I could.
Cracking finish on them

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Callump01
Asked them to send me some photos of the wheels. I got some cool photos of the machine cutting them. The black wheels with a silver rim looks cool actually.

5f50562e743681932d99d2e6577e3098.jpg
2300e82d6d1cf2cf023da78cb6d2e685.jpg
0e896fdb05300d18033cf0f5e4a54daa.jpg

Reactions: NevMan and Callump01
Asked them to send me some photos of the wheels. I got some cool photos of the machine cutting them. The black wheels with a silver rim looks cool actually.

5f50562e743681932d99d2e6577e3098.jpg
2300e82d6d1cf2cf023da78cb6d2e685.jpg
0e896fdb05300d18033cf0f5e4a54daa.jpg

Inside of your tyres are cream crackered, how come you haven’t mentioned this? I can add you to my spreadsheet if you want.

Reactions: D0C, Callump01 and NevMan

I saw him comment in another thread about his car stating posh wash were refusing to do anything, but haven’t seen original thread

Inside of your tyres are cream crackered, how come you haven’t mentioned this? I can add you to my spreadsheet if you want.

Alloys look good, but man those tyres are knackered. Another set for Pirelli?

Alloys look good, but man those tyres are knackered. Another set for Pirelli?

Definitely another set that NEED to be sent to Pirelli, whether they get there as with many is another thing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw him comment in another thread about his car stating posh wash were refusing to do anything, but haven’t seen original thread
I think it was buried inside another thread, I couldn't find it though. Glad I didn't imagine it!

Attachments

• 954D9B42-F3B2-4E36-AD1F-81F651E8DEF0.jpeg
    954D9B42-F3B2-4E36-AD1F-81F651E8DEF0.jpeg
    507.3 KB · Views: 263
@AudiNutta yes my inside tread is gone. But I have done 25k miles.

Here are some quick photos. Much sharper although it looks strange to me after having then as standard.

5f7c8dd054279b5a6b3f9616764ef8cf.jpg
282405ea387bebaceca01b08ee68f951.jpg

Reactions: Sn00ten and NevMan
@AudiNutta yes my inside tread is gone. But I have done 25k miles.

Here are some quick photos. Much sharper although it looks strange to me after having then as standard.

5f7c8dd054279b5a6b3f9616764ef8cf.jpg
282405ea387bebaceca01b08ee68f951.jpg

Done a great job.

Now just try and stay clear of any curbs.

Reactions: Sn00ten, Spinstorm and NevMan
I think it makes the wheels look bigger. Just need to get those Audi sport stickers on... and try to not kerb it for a week at least lol

With white Audi sport decal

60de44a0bf41692f2bfa77488283459e.jpg

Reactions: NevMan and AudiNutta
Looks brilliant that does!! I’d rather have to put a couple of sets on than do without. I don’t see why a body shop couldn’t paint over those decals when they lacquer...

@Callump01

Mine arrived today, excited to finally chuck them on after seeing the results :)

Reactions: AudiNutta
It was actually quite good fun putting them on - cut them down to around the actual decal; pull of the back sheet (leaving the decal and the clear material); place them on the alloy; then press over the decal with your finger firmly; pull off the clear part and then they are in place.

My first one wasn't quite in the middle and though I got better at that I was also putting some of them on upside down (because I was doing this in the garage and didn't have space to get the wheel right way round). So they look great - but if you really looked they are probably not exactly in the same position!

I really LOVE the way my wheels look now. It is a total different feel; all the black and the mirror finish just looks so good when it catches the light and it makes the wheels look bigger.

If you have a standard wheel like I did I strongly recommend it. And if your ordering a new car definitely get the diamond cut finish wheels.

06116e87b1b9b8648bb0684a8cc5cf70.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Enbarr, teslaboy, Callump01 and 1 other person