Front wings

harley141213

Reaction score
with front wings being a common area on the B6 for rust are they bolt on or originally welded on?
In addition area the original or gen replacement ones stamped “Audi” or the 4 rings anywhere?

Front wings are bolt on. There is from memory a small audi stamp on the inner shut but sometimes quite hard to see by the time they have the ecoat applied. Dont go for cheap copies, even if fitment is OK the quality of the metal is not good and you will be changing them again within 2 years

Thanks Sandra. It's been a while, only recently got back on here. You probably won't remember me, but you helped with the pricing for me when I sold an a4 b6 s line 1.8T in Akoya around May 2017.
Wish I never sold it, regretted it many times over. Currently on the lookout for another one.

Sean

I had a new front wing few years ago. Was hoping to buy genuine but the cost difference is HUGE! A genuine wing is anywhere from £2-300 unpainted. An insurance approved non genuine is about £70 and they go as low as £30 for a cheap one. I went for a very very cheap one. Then decided to go isurance approved and both wings looked and felt identical! Both had the tong feng mark of quality . They did get a good plastering of dinitrol behind though and as yet show no signs of bubbles.

I put two new front wings on the B7 - bought them on fleabay (£62.00 for the pair) & got them painted/fitted by a local bodyshop I know for £300.
A definite bargain! Aftermarket wings do tend to fit perfectly these days. Like Ralph, I did also plaster the insides of them with Waxoyl before putting the plastic arch guards back in. Oh, and got the 4 'mudguard extensions' painted body colour at the same time. :happy: